• September 22, 2024, 07:37:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Energica EMCE - New Motor  (Read 2733 times)

MrMogensen

• View Profile
Re: Energica EMCE - New Motor
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2021, 08:25:35 PM »

Actually turns out Energica sums up everything on their page :)

https://www.energicamotor.com/energica-ego-electric-motorcycle/#emce
/// MrMogensen ///
Former Yamaha FZ6 (since 2008) now sold and find myself wanting a Ribelle.

most

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2021, 02:37:32 PM »

The guys from Moto.IT have done a on YT.
Unfortunately, all in Italian which I do not speak - also Italian subtitles. If anyone knows how to enable English or German subs, please let me know - the guy talks a lot, and I was hoping for some more insights.

But interestingly, there are quite some shots (like 5:12) where you can hear the new drivetrain accelerating.

I‘m not 100% sure with the old engine, but with the new one you can see in pictures that there is an intermediate shaft in the gear box. Having that in mind, I think I can hear a subtle difference when comparing the EMCE-equipped Ribelle in the video compared with my Ribelle build September 2020. However, overall it is more or less the same sound. Not the huge difference I was hoping for.
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2021, 05:48:52 PM »

So I clicked the CC and it came up in Italian.  Then click the "gear" icon to bring up settings.
Click "Subtitles/CC" Then select auto translate and pick any language you'd like.

I tried Danish to see if I had better luck but then I went ahead and chose English.   :)

most

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2021, 10:59:06 PM »

Thanks man! Turned out the subs can’t be changed in the iPad YT app. On a standard browser it is just as you described…
So, if I interprete the guy correct, he speaks from a big leap and also indicates a more neutral behavior in the twisties. We I would like that!
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2021, 12:11:20 AM »

iPad can run YouTube's desktop website better than the app runs.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

mistasam

• View Profile
    • newzeroland
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2021, 08:22:15 AM »

I sent the link to my Italian coworker (he sits next to me) and he translated the good parts.

Basically he goes through all the specs.. all the stuff on website.. but he said the weight difference is very noticeable, how it handles, etc.  This mirrors what people have been saying on Facebook.  He said "the original Energicas felt clunky and hard to manage like superbikes from the 90's, and this one feels like a modern super-naked."

He also said the price is €28,000.. so we'll see how much they cost in the US.

I'm excited  ;D

MrMogensen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2021, 12:16:00 PM »

Was checking the price for a new SS9 at Energica compared to a used model (2020 with small battery)…

Noticed that, unless it’s an error on the configurator, you might get the old motor if you only spec the small battery. It’s not only the battery they changes look when you switch from 13 to 21 kWh battery but also motor.
/// MrMogensen ///

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2021, 11:57:59 PM »

Or literally no one has ordered the 13.4 since the announcement of the 21.5s and HQ hasn't built any 13.4s since.

edit-

Looks like this will be introduced later in the year, so the 2022's rolling out now will still have the prior tech in them.

Looks like new models are already being delivered with the new motor and inverter.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 12:42:11 AM by MVetter »

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2021, 12:47:05 AM »

Just speculating that the next logical advancement is in rear suspension given new motor layout opens up opportunity to centralize the strut location.

Still will want to see motor torque curve comparative to old and duty-time data. 

For racing. The one element that settles uneasy is the radiator size - switch-mode electronics are efficient for sure but even at that, the heat losses are significant, so adding motor heat (lower efficiency than electronics) to what is perceived to be the same sized radiator is the one thing giving me pause.

For consumer market.  New motor development is necessary for all the attributes as marketed.  This indeed is exciting for the consumer and moto-EV in general.  Of note, duty-time for consumer level riding, even in sport mode, does not come close to full-on racing and Energica realizes yesterday's marketing model was one thing - the next chapter necessitates optimization for the class of riding that brings in the most revenue.

BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2021, 05:54:59 AM »

In their site under build your bike, it looks like without upgrades to the suspension or accessories the price is $25k for the RS and I guess that's the new motor.

Full all red Ohlins and OZ specs with a huge tank bag and carbon nik naks got me to $32k.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2021, 06:31:14 AM »

Both RS and non-RS models get the new motor and inverter.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2021, 07:53:01 AM »

Both RS and non-RS models get the new motor and inverter.
I would trust the older stuff more as it has all passed the test of time on the road.

And I certainly don't care about better motor performance.  I will never be WOT with what I have as it is.

I find it's rather rare for new designs with any make  to not have bugs.

And often by the time they work out the bugs, they discontinue it and start with something new.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2021, 08:54:14 AM »

What I was wondering was have they updated the site to include the new motor setup for the bike's price?
My quote was for the Ego RS by the way.

Also any idea if the charge rate will increase with the CCS stations working with the new liquid cooling system?

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2021, 09:55:26 AM »

What I was wondering was have they updated the site to include the new motor setup for the bike's price?

Also any idea if the charge rate will increase with the CCS stations working with the new liquid cooling system?
Aren't they only cooling the motor and electronics?  Are you thinking they are going to also cool the battery? 

Seems they are going the opposite direction there since my SS9- has better battery cooling than the SS9+.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

MrMogensen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2021, 03:48:00 PM »

When you switch from small to new battery in the configurator it’s now only the battery that changes look.

Or literally no one has ordered the 13.4 since the announcement of the 21.5s and HQ hasn't built any 13.4s since.

Mobile.de has a few 2020 Energicas with the small battery.
/// MrMogensen ///
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4