• September 21, 2024, 11:56:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: If you have Key Less Start Avoid this Firmware  (Read 1816 times)

reini

• View Profile
Re: If you have Key Less Start Avoid this Firmware
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2021, 11:22:04 PM »

So the moment the kick-stand goes up, the motor is engaged and the throttle is live?
No, when the bike is "off" it stays off until you activate it again.
Energica SS9+

frank_b

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2021, 12:39:18 AM »

So the moment the kick-stand goes up, the motor is engaged and the throttle is live?
No, when the bike is "off" it stays off until you activate it again.

Reini is right, never had problems.

kick-stand down. bike 'driving' is OFF.
kick-stand up. bike 'driving' (GO light) still OFF. Press start and brake lever together for a moment and the driving mode engages.  (GO lights goes ON)

So using kick-stand is perfectly safe. Always use it.
Energica EVA Ribelle (Stealth Grey)

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2021, 01:29:53 AM »

So use the kill switch if you dismount before flipping the kickstand.

That it flips it for you in the case of kickstand down is just saving you from yourself forgetting to flip it.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

2014ZeroSR

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2021, 09:59:13 AM »

ultrarnr - By your original comments, v.039 certainly seems buggy.
You spoke about others with the same v.039 issues.

Suggestion - Contact your dealer and ask what the fix likely is.
Please ask the others to do the same.

My experience is - Energica's customer service is second to none.
That's just my 2 cents worth. Good Luck.

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2021, 10:43:48 AM »

Where does Energica publish revision notes for firmware?

Does FW:EN.A.002616.039 BDY:6.0.1 DSB:232 introduce the following feature?

Kudos to ZeroFun for an enlightening, fun-to-watch video, certainly a member here, no?
BMW eK75 Conversion (Retired)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Black Frame Matters)

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2021, 02:17:24 PM »

So I took my Ribelle back to the dealer yesterday and had the previous firmware reinstalled. No more error messages and it has never taken more than one attempt to turn the bike on since being back on firmware version 38. Problem solved.

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2021, 02:51:25 AM »

Firmware 037 (Ribelle) here - no FOB issues.

However, since topic is firmware, for MENU screen under SETTTINGS, the Ribelle Owners Manual, Rev 01 2020, page 49 speaks to "Electric Beat" / "only available on certain versions"...

Does version 036, 038 or 039 have "Electric Beat"? 

Version 037 doesn't, had to take physical measures to inhibit (hot) tank LEDs but since my seat-always-closed logic is wrong for charge-mode, just wondering more than chasing a solution.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 02:58:27 AM by PWM »

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2021, 04:38:53 AM »

PWM,

Firmware 38 doesn't have Electric Beat. I am pretty sure that 39 did.

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2021, 10:26:13 AM »

PWM,

Firmware 38 doesn't have Electric Beat. I am pretty sure that 39 did.

Thanks ultranr...sorry you had to jump the beta tester hoops back to the dealer.

Consider however...these are creature comfort features Energica is messing w/...sure, some of them a nuisance maybe but none of it impacts core functionality or mission critical stuff which IMO is rock solid...

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2021, 02:44:25 PM »

PWM,  My experience is that the software on the Ribelle is a mess, definitely not developed by the same people who developed the software for the Eva 107 I had. As delivered the diagnostic software didn't work as one headlight didn't work and there was no fault code showing. I really thought the low beam only had one light on until I asked someone here who also had a Ribelle. It took five months to get everything sorted out. Then the charger died, couldn't charge at all and it took three weeks to get that fixed. Turns out the charger was fine but there was a software issue that caused everything. And now it turns out that some Ribelle's charge at 6A on 110 volts and some charge at 12A. And after several weeks there is no response from Energica as to what the Ribelle is supposed to be charging at when plugged into a 110 volt outlet. I find it REALLY hard to believe Energica doesn't know the correct 110 volt charge rate.

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2021, 09:57:51 PM »

Dang ultranr, no doubt your list is troubling to hear.  I hate to voice opinion on some of the engineering decisions Energica has made but this gets tempered when one thinks why they made them...

1) greater pack capacity from original 13.5k served to address need for full performance at the end of the MotoE.  Cooling capability has to be compromised for mass fraction concerns and again this is to address racing.  Street bikes, are the beneficiaries but don't think something is not compromised...nuff said.

2) your beef is w/ charger change from variant in Eva 107 to the new one.  I'm troubled w/ the operating temperature, not as felt by heatsink but at base of charger - mine gets throttled back from 14A to 10A or I force air cool and run at 14A.  Me thinks here that Energica has to improve profitability to compete and survive...nuff said.

Still confident here,  giving them a pass on the nuisance steps which plagues any and all technology companies today - you only live once and today where are you going to go for something better?  Reminds me of DJI...

PWM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2021, 09:13:05 PM »

And now it turns out that some Ribelle's charge at 6A on 110 volts and some charge at 12A. And after several weeks there is no response from Energica as to what the Ribelle is supposed to be charging at when plugged into a 110 volt outlet. I find it REALLY hard to believe Energica doesn't know the correct 110 volt charge rate.

Hi ultrarnr - the charger at 110VAC is likely seeing much less at the charger terminals because of voltage drop and is likely straining to keep demand.  The only way to determine this for the (2) bike examples is to charge from the exact same source or test the 12A case w/ extension cable to induce same conditions.  240VAC is the only way to go and unfortunately a 3kW charger that operates optimally at 2kW, as came on my bike, is the truth of the matter and what we are given, no surprises sorry to say. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:16:26 PM by PWM »

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2021, 02:18:40 PM »

PWM,

This is from a post over at advrider.com:

"Both it seems. The pics show 6A and 10A (was 12A before tapering to balance). One is my 21.5 and the other is my friend’s 21.5. Both started with the roughly the same SOC and charging for the same amount of time.

We swapped chargers, outlets, and double checked settings. Stefano and Chris are aware of the 110v/A difference and have been speaking to them about it this past week. A third fellow rider in my area also confirmed the 6A/12A 110v difference. "

frank_b

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2021, 11:50:52 PM »

.... As delivered the diagnostic software didn't work as one headlight didn't work and there was no fault code showing. ..

Had the same issue here, no fault code 1 headlight didn't work. It's replaced under warranty

And yes they are proud on the code??

The Energica Software has reached 1.1M of program lines (645,000 program lines only for the VCU), over 200,000 more than a Space Shuttle!

Well, that's not for advertising, it means you have 1.1M lines where then can be bugs  ;D
In software, less is better. No idea who found this a good idea to advertise with  ;)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Stealth Grey)

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2021, 08:51:07 PM »

I’ll have to check my firmware, but I have pin to ride, and my fob randomly drops out of range while riding. Also, 120v charging is limited to 660 watts or so.

Still, 1000x better than my last bike. :p
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)
Pages: 1 [2] 3