• October 06, 2024, 10:24:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dutch video pitting SR/F, LiveWire, and Energicas on a ride. With subtitles!  (Read 2741 times)

princec

• View Profile

Of course, the older I get, the more I do the same... I've actually been looking at things like Super Socos and whatnot. And my favourite ever adventure bike series is c90 adventures...

Cas :)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page

All I ever want to do is to get to my destination without having to push my bike. I am never in any hurry. To me motorcycles are just transportation that are fun to ride at any speed.  :)

AMEN!!  I outgrew the need to be "the fastest kid on the block" DECADES ago.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile

They always end up comparing a base model Zero to a plus model Energica!

Still, they said that the Zero felt like it weighed more.  That's not the first time I've heard that.  I wonder why?

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

shayan

• View Profile

Here's my take on it, expounding from what Chris said as this is something I've observed as well. Yes, once you get going, the weight of the bikes matters less. HOWEVER. With the Ribelle and the Ego+ you literally have a.) the most power and b.) the heaviest bike. This means when you punch it, and you're going to because it's way too much fun not to punch it, it will start gobbling power at an unholy rate. I have a 2018 SS9 and if I open the throttle uphill I will easily pull over 1000Wh/mi. Yes, 1kWh/mi instead of the usual 140 or so we all usually see on regular riding.

The SR/F and the LiveWire are lighter and have less power, so even when you do punch it, and they respond beautifully, it's not the absurd instantaneous consumption of the Energica bikes. I found myself punching my SS9 throttle a lot more than I ever did with my SR because the power difference just was, and continues to be, so exhilarating.

Again, I think every bike in this video performed well, and I think Zero fans should be pleased with the 85 miles of range shown. Now I want to see an SR/S join in. The Southern California group of electric riders are actually planning a run from Anaheim --> Reno on May 14th. I know there will be a bunch of Energicas and LiveWires; I'd be thrilled to see some SR/F and SR/S owners take the challenge as well.

That would be a great real world testing right there! I guess for a proper road trip, range + charging times would both come into picture :)
-Shayan

2023 Energica Ribelle RS

TheRan

• View Profile

Still, they said that the Zero felt like it weighed more.  That's not the first time I've heard that.  I wonder why?

-Crissa
Funny thing is the SR/F is the lightest at 220kg and the Live Wire weighs 249kg and not 210kg as they thought. Don't know the exact weights of the specific Energicas but even the lightest model is like 258kg.

Richard230

• View Profile

-Crissa
Funny thing is the SR/F is the lightest at 220kg and the Live Wire weighs 249kg and not 210kg as they thought. Don't know the exact weights of the specific Energicas but even the lightest model is like 258kg.

I have weighed my 2018 Zero S with PT and it weighs 205kg.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

TheRan

• View Profile

-Crissa

Sounds about right, Zero say the SR with PT is 208kg and that extra weight is probably in the motor and controller.

shayan

• View Profile

Sounds about right, Zero say the SR with PT is 208kg and that extra weight is probably in the motor and controller.

Also note that Richard has the older 13kWh pack. So the difference in weight could be more than the motor+controller.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 04:17:42 PM by shayan »
-Shayan

2023 Energica Ribelle RS

princec

• View Profile

The SR/F felt surprisingly light to me (compared to the SS9), which got me thinking there was headroom for another 30kg of batteries and a DCFC module before anyone had too much cause to complain. It'd still be lighter than my scooter.

reini

• View Profile

The SR/F felt surprisingly light to me (compared to the SS9), which got me thinking there was headroom for another 30kg of batteries and a DCFC module before anyone had too much cause to complain. It'd still be lighter than my scooter.

I test rode a SR/F before buying the SS9 and while the SR/F was lighter, it was also more top heavy. Not sure it it had the additional chargers in the tank area though..
Energica SS9+

Richard230

• View Profile

I test rode a SR/F before buying the SS9 and while the SR/F was lighter, it was also more top heavy. Not sure it it had the additional chargers in the tank area though..

That is a good point. There is no question that the 42 pound Power Tank makes the Zero feel top heavy. You really feel its weight when tossing the bike around sharp S-curves and especially when it falls over and you have to pick it up.   :'(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile

...and a DCFC module ...
A what?

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

princec

• View Profile

The small but significant widget that would allow DC fast charging via CCS, Zero motorcycles' Achilles heel.

NEW2elec

• View Profile

The voltage is too low.
CCS will require a complete redesign.

princec

• View Profile

I know, but them's the breaks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3