• September 27, 2024, 07:19:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Charging Station screen  (Read 436 times)

Sebastian C

• My Bike: Energica EVA Ribelle 2020
    • View Profile
Charging Station screen
« on: October 16, 2020, 12:56:29 PM »

Dear Gents,
I’m a happy owner of a Energica EVA Ribelle, I got it end of April 2020 just after the corona look down.
Since I have the Bike I had some trouble (break liquids on plastic tank cover (white spots) and problems with the control device (motorcycle switched in failure mode during driving and stop engine diagnostic trouble code P0120 and P0121), but Energica dealer could help me and fixed the problems.
However, with the newest problem they could not:
The bike is connect to Bluetooth, GPS (Green and Blue light are switched on) and the APP My Energica is running on my phone, but I cannot open the Charging Station screen and the symbol of found charging stations not appear.
I tried a other phone but this fix not the problem
I would be glad if anyone has an idea how to fix the little bug.

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Charging Station screen
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 01:52:37 PM »

Dear Gents,
I’m a happy owner of a Energica EVA Ribelle, I got it end of April 2020 just after the corona look down.
Since I have the Bike I had some trouble (break liquids on plastic tank cover (white spots) and problems with the control device (motorcycle switched in failure mode during driving and stop engine diagnostic trouble code P0120 and P0121), but Energica dealer could help me and fixed the problems.
The bike is connect to Bluetooth, GPS (Green and Blue light are switched on) and the APP My Energica is running on my phone, but I cannot open the Charging Station screen and the symbol of found charging stations not appear.
IIRC, the book says something like your battery has to be at a low SOC to use it or some nonsense like that. Does anybody here use it?

But since I have owned my Energica, I never even tried to use that feature. I simply use Plugshare and a GPS to find charge stations in the areas that I am going to.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Ferrari_Challenge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 07:32:30 PM »

Dear Gents,

Sebastian, I too have a new Ribelle. I'd like to ask you, what was the situation with the "failure mode" and the bike shutting off? How did the dealer fix it? On your question about the App not displaying charging stations...it turned out for mine that the app settings were looking for stations supported by "green" power and here in Texas there are none so it showed nothing. Once I changed it to DCFC and Level 2 the list popped up and the arrow pointed the way. Try that out and see if it helps.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 07:34:22 PM by Ferrari_Challenge »

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 12:16:47 AM »

I was able to get bluetooth and the phone fully connected once. Once only. It happened by accident, too. I had been trying to make them work (pairing, unpairing) and gave up after 20 minutes to go for a ride. MID RIDE the icon appeared and I was able to activate the mystical 4th screen that shows charger locations.

I didn't find it particularly useful but it was interesting.

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 05:17:12 AM »

I have seen it but Plugshare is far better.

Sebastian C

• My Bike: Energica EVA Ribelle 2020
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 03:13:44 PM »

Ferrari Challenge, they changed the throttle first but it don't fix the problem next step was to change the ACU that fix it.
The failure mode (MIL sign and System Alarm sign (the red triangle with exclamation mark)) appears and I cannot start the bike any more. After 5 time bring the bike in ride mode it works again. In the beginning, it happens one time in a week after some weeks every time and during driving.
The Bluetooth connecting works good and the Energica app find lot of charging station colas by.

Dear Gents,

Sebastian, I too have a new Ribelle. I'd like to ask you, what was the situation with the "failure mode" and the bike shutting off? How did the dealer fix it? On your question about the App not displaying charging stations...it turned out for mine that the app settings were looking for stations supported by "green" power and here in Texas there are none so it showed nothing. Once I changed it to DCFC and Level 2 the list popped up and the arrow pointed the way. Try that out and see if it helps.
Pages: [1]