• September 27, 2024, 03:24:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SS9 lockable storage?  (Read 867 times)

loggamatt

• View Profile
SS9 lockable storage?
« on: September 21, 2020, 10:03:10 PM »

I’m thinking about the SS9+ as a possible touring machine. The Zero SR/S probably turned my head first, but it looks like for the same price the Energica has a bigger battery and faster charging. Hard to ignore that really!

But where the Zero probably does still have a leg up for touring is that it has a lockable storage option, as well as some storage under the ‘tank’.

Has anyone added lockable storage to an SS9? I would have thought, at a minimum, you’d need somewhere to keep a type 2 cable safe for using on untethered charging posts. You wouldn’t want to have to carry one of those around with you all day in a backpack while you’re sightseeing, etc.

BigPoppa

• View Profile
Re: SS9 lockable storage?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 07:06:09 PM »

No OEM hard cases and I haven’t seen any Givi, Shad, or other hard case manufacturers doing Energica specific racks here in the US.

I believe there’s one shop in Europe that has Energica specific mounting racks but I think they make them in house and I don’t know if they will ship to the US.

I’m interested in a top rack bracket that will mount to the OEM side case rack so I can add a lockable top box to my EsseEsse9 (less so for my Ribelle) so if I come across anything or figure out how to make one work without too much custom work I’ll post back here.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 07:52:53 PM »

I’m thinking about the SS9+ as a possible touring machine. The Zero SR/S probably turned my head first, but it looks like for the same price the Energica has a bigger battery and faster charging. Hard to ignore that really!
The SR/S Premium has faster charging on 240 VAC so that really depends on where you will be riding to.

The SR/S is my favorite bike from Zero.

I do not know of any hard luggage for the Energica. But I find the soft luggage works well enough and is lockable, but is kinda mickey-mouse as it just locks the zippers with a small padlock. And you can lock the zippers down under the bag and leave the other zippers up for extending the bag width and most thieves would probably not  figure it out in reasonable time.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 08:51:23 PM »

The factory option side cases on the SS9 are lockable, come with keys ready to go.  This rider wishes for tail case option like Zero offers.

dittoalex

• Load the tire before you work the tire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 09:11:13 AM »

No OEM hard cases and I haven’t seen any Givi, Shad, or other hard case manufacturers doing Energica specific racks here in the US.

I believe there’s one shop in Europe that has Energica specific mounting racks but I think they make them in house and I don’t know if they will ship to the US.

I’m interested in a top rack bracket that will mount to the OEM side case rack so I can add a lockable top box to my EsseEsse9 (less so for my Ribelle) so if I come across anything or figure out how to make one work without too much custom work I’ll post back here.
HadesOmega posted a review of his custom-made Brammo top rack on BARF, I think some guy in ~Modesto makes custom racks for $600 as long as you bring the top case plate.

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 07:41:42 PM »

Thanks for the tip. I’ll look into them and report back if I decide to have them custom make something that will work with a GIVI plate and my OEM side case rack.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited
Pages: [1]