• September 24, 2024, 04:23:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DC Fast charging issues (UK)  (Read 2421 times)

wavelet

• View Profile
Re: DC Fast charging issues (UK)
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2020, 03:16:13 AM »

You may wish to double check that, warranty is usually at point of report, not point of repair.  So if you reported it, and they didn't fix it, the warranty running out wouldn't matter.

I can't say for your country, but that seems unlikely to be different.

-Crissa
IIRC, Anubis-R is in France. The standard EU-mandated 2-year warranty ("Legal guarantee of conformity") of should apply, and the date of reporting seems to be definitely the deciding factor:
https://www.europe-consommateurs.eu/en/consumer-topics/buying-goods-services/guarantees-warranties/guarantees-warranties-in-france/legal-guarantee-of-conformity/

ALCLCF

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2020, 05:34:57 PM »

If the report is done during warranty period in Europe, it falls under warranty until that specific problem is resolved.

Anubis-R

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2020, 06:41:29 PM »

thanks for your replies, that's encouraging  :)

even if I can't have any answer from anybody from energica... not my dealer nor anybody else...
that's really depressing  :'( I find US dealers to be very proactive and customer oriented, wish it was the same in EU...

hope they will take care of it...

here is the only answer of my dealer :
"apparently, Energica said your bike does not have DC fast charge" ... seems very strange to me... i remeber that every '18 bike (before + versions) have DC fast charge on all bikes

ALCLCF

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2020, 06:30:03 AM »

Don't know if previous models could be ordered without DCFC....but a SS9 has fast charge as an option on Energica website

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2020, 12:33:55 PM »

Reini gave the OP the best answer, ignore whatever the charge company put on their screen, swipe the rfid and hit the start button first, before you say you cant, give it a try. Then plug it in. Works flawlessly this way for me. A lot of the charge companies are just buying certified Whitelabel units that comply with the Government funding requirements and putting their own UI on top. Thats fine and all, but they don't really know how things work, so sometimes the instructions do not work for all vehicles.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2020, 12:40:23 PM »

The Electric Cowboy has alot of miles under his butt, take his advice ^-^

And when in doubt, poke the buttons in a different order.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

joesedroid

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2022, 04:33:32 AM »

Opening up a old thread but one that relates to me. I just tried to charge my 2023 ss9 and 2 stations and 8 different plugs and nothing work. Spent about an hour over all trying Charge point and electrify America. These were in the US citys about 20 miles south of Denver. I read this post before I bought my bike and tried to start the charge before I plugged it in. Ill give it another try in the near future but damn, 1st attempt MANY tries and I failed to get DC charging. Kinda worries me.
Joe

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2022, 04:49:16 AM »

Opening up a old thread but one that relates to me. I just tried to charge my 2023 ss9 and 2 stations and 8 different plugs and nothing work. Spent about an hour over all trying Charge point and electrify America. These were in the US citys about 20 miles south of Denver. I read this post before I bought my bike and tried to start the charge before I plugged it in. Ill give it another try in the near future but damn, 1st attempt MANY tries and I failed to get DC charging. Kinda worries me.
Joe
On some of them, do NOT follow the instructions on the screen. Especially with Electrify America. Do NOT plug in first and give it a try. And if possible, use their EA app.

The newer versions of ChargePoint have an issue on the newer than 2020  Energicas. Nothing that can be done about that until they redo the FW.

CCS can be a hassle, as you just found out.  Many do not work and then add the compatibility issues. But there are still things you can try, often NOT plugging in first does the trick. Especially on those that have the instruction right on the machine to "plug in first". such as the EA CCS chargers.  Try again, but do NOT follow their instructions! Follow mine instead!

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

joesedroid

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2022, 04:56:24 AM »

Agreed, I made sure I did not plug in 1st. I started my app and started everything before plugging in. Still nothing. Just gave a vague error that charging vehicle failed to start.
Ill keep trying, I love riding it around.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2022, 05:02:15 AM »

Agreed, I made sure I did not plug in 1st. I started my app and started everything before plugging in. Still nothing. Just gave a vague error that charging vehicle failed to start.
Ill keep trying, I love riding it around.
I have the most trouble with EA chargers, but not all of them. The ones in Fernley, NV work well for me. The ones in Elk Grove, I can never get to work. But I have not been back there for a while.

See if you can find an EV-GO somewhere.

BTW, the new version of the ChargePoints only have an issue with the newer bikes. They work fine with my 2020 with the smaller battery.

-Don-Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

joesedroid

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2022, 05:06:46 AM »

Ok cool, That was my other though. Maybe my bike has something wrong with it, not set up for DC charging or not compatible with any chargers. Ill keep messing with it, it was my first time testing.

joesedroid

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2022, 03:33:16 AM »

Well good news, went back to one of the previous electrify America chargers and got it working. Popped the seat, started the app, chose the correct station, plugged in and then swiped to start. ( I know I tried these exact steps last time) 30ish seconds later it was charging. Also impressive is going from 67% to 80% in 6 minutes.
Im happy I got it to work.
Joe

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2022, 03:55:41 AM »

Well good news, went back to one of the previous electrify America chargers and got it working. Popped the seat, started the app, chose the correct station, plugged in and then swiped to start. ( I know I tried these exact steps last time) 30ish seconds later it was charging. Also impressive is going from 67% to 80% in 6 minutes.
Im happy I got it to work.
Joe
You will discover that CCS is kinda flakey and often takes several attempts to get it past the initialization stage. Never walk away from the bike until it gets past the initialization stage and actually starts charging.

IMO, it's a big hassle to need to disconnect and reconnect the cable for each time there is an initialization failure.  I wish they could put that on a button somewhere for a retry.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Anav

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2023, 09:11:12 PM »

I  have a 2021 SS9 and regularly charge in the UK.  In general, the main problem is to find charges that are unocuppied.  I very seldom have had to walk away from a charger, but it often takes more than on try to initialize.  Some of the older chargers (BP, POLAR, etc) are more prone to issues.  Due to availability, I try to use larger groupings of chargers (Gridserve are great!), this way is far more likely there isn´t a queue and if a charger doesn´t cooperate I try the next one. 

That said, sequence and even how you hold the cable during initialization can make a difference.  I had a DC charge controller installed temporareily in the SS9 (while diagnosing variations on DC charge amps and early "DC Balancing") and while I was always able to charge, I almost always had to try several times.  This went away once the controller was replaced (the DC "bouncing amps" was fixed separately by a factory rep.

Heck, I am on my way back from a 2,185 mi. (round trip) in the UK and Spain charged on the road over 34 times and did not get stranded, I did encounter some non fucntioning/malfunctioning chargers, especially in Spain though.

Stonewolf

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2023, 12:28:49 AM »

I took an Eva EsseEsse9 2018 for a demo ride (UK), the bike was brilliant but failed to DC fast charge on this Engenie, stuck on the initialisation screen despite unplugging and trying several times with plug inserted or charger started first. What are people's experience DC charging with the different chargers and networks especially in the UK? Poor compatibility could be a deal-breaker, so I'm hoping this is an isolated issue. Instavolt and Ecotricity are of particular interest in the UK.

I have heard about several techniques to get it working or ways to get the diagnostic codes. Any feedback or experience of DC fast charging, especially in the UK would be helpful to build up an idea of what to expect.

Hi, I ride an Energica in the UK. Sometimes you just have to fuck around a bit to find the right procedure.
  • Hold the plug in against the socket until the little latch comes up as the weight of the cable can slightly unseat it and cause communication and locking issues due to the horizontal mounting. If you can support the cable on the handlebar it'll alleviate the issue.
  • The bike has a timeout and starts counting the moment you put the plug in, this is incredibly annoying especially with some chargers that want you to plug in and then authorise (stop doing that charging networks). You might need to mess around a bit with the procedure to get it to work, one trick is to let the bike time out and then start the procedure again from the machine as the bike will wake up and start counting at the same time the machine does.
  • Check Zap-Map or other services, charger reliability is an increasing problem and they often break in non-obvious ways and aren't taken out of service by the operators when they do.
Rides an Energica, makes boring YouTube videos
Pages: 1 [2] 3