• September 28, 2024, 11:27:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Traction Control?  (Read 1327 times)

SBK74

• View Profile
Re: Traction Control?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2020, 01:12:07 PM »

I have no TC on my Esse and I get the message right after charging. It started appearing after FW .036 was installed.

I'm not sure what firmware version my Ego is running.  How do I check?

Could traction control be introduced as a firmware upgrade? How does the traction control work?  Does traction control use the same sensors on the bike as ABS? 

I don't want to start any rumors, but it would be cool if Energica would be able to retrofit older motorcycles with traction control with a firmware update.

The TC upgrade, along with CC, was mentioned end of 2018, but was in the end not available for bikes manufactured in and before 2018. Sensors are the same, but apparently the TC equipped bikes have a different wiring loom and other right handlebar commands/throttle, which don't allow TC to be working. I would be prepared to pay for an upgrade. The TC! symbol on our bikes is clearly one of the .036 bugs...

2018-2022  EsseEsse9
2022-         2021 Ribelle RS

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2020, 03:29:48 PM »

Does anyone know the meaning of the "TC" warning indicator on the bottom of the EGO display?  I have the TC symbol in a red box in the attached picture below.  To me it looks like a cross section of a motorcycle tire and the TC in the middle of it with an exclamation point to add emphasis. Sorry for the bad glare in the picture, but it was a hot sunny day and that is the best picture I could get with my phone.

I searched through my owners manual that I got with the purchase of the motorcycle, but despite reading it cover to cover and paying attention to all the warning symbols, I could not find any example or description of the TC warning icon in the manual.  When I go to diagnostic mode on the motorcycle, all systems are OK and I don't see any diagnostic codes.  After I turn off the motorcycle and turn it back on, the TC warning icon goes away.

I've got a 2019 EGO, and as far as I know it does not include traction control, so I'm confused about the TC warning light.  Thanks for any clues or explanations.

Sorry for the confusion. I can confirm that the TC! message on pre 2020 (non TC bikes) is a display bug related to FW update 036. This bug is specific to the bikes dashboard displaying the wrong icon it doesn't affect the physical operation of the motorcycle.
The factory is aware of the bug and is working to correct it for the next FW revision.

FriscoDad

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2020, 12:15:48 AM »

I can confirm that the TC! message on pre 2020 (non TC bikes) is a display bug related to FW update 036. This bug is specific to the bikes dashboard displaying the wrong icon it doesn't affect the physical operation of the motorcycle.
The factory is aware of the bug and is working to correct it for the next FW revision.

@Demoni, thanks for the confirmation on the software bug. In general, how often does Energica release a FW revision?
2019 Energica Ego

Anubis-R

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2020, 03:55:07 PM »

Will it be possible to ever purchase an upgrade kit for TC instalation?

alongside with some pre-19' owners, I would definitly be interested! :)

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2020, 01:22:28 AM »

Sadly no. It requires changes to the wiring harness and VCU.

Anubis-R

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2020, 04:01:52 PM »

Sadly no. It requires changes to the wiring harness and VCU.

which is not that much to deal with is it?
Pages: 1 [2]