• September 29, 2024, 05:24:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bluetooth App...but only with key on :(  (Read 926 times)

octopusenvy

• Tiakina Te Taiao!
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetooth App...but only with key on :(
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2020, 05:02:47 AM »

I may have confused things by comparing to my old Zero, but yes this is on my 2020 Energica Eva107 (and the same currently for everyone else on an Energica I believe). I would be happy with the Zero functionality of bluetooth if it were on the Energica...at least that way I could monitor without the key and from a relatively close proximity.

Yes, once LRC is available, it makes a lot of sense to get it...but with Bluetooth already on the bike and functioning there must be an available solution now?? Might have to ask 'the wizard'

From custom build, to Zero to Energica. Life is short, buy the electric bike!

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2020, 05:39:17 AM »

I may have confused things by comparing to my old Zero, but yes this is on my 2020 Energica Eva107 (and the same currently for everyone else on an Energica I believe). I would be happy with the Zero functionality of bluetooth if it were on the Energica...at least that way I could monitor without the key and from a relatively close proximity.

Yes, once LRC is available, it makes a lot of sense to get it...but with Bluetooth already on the bike and functioning there must be an available solution now?? Might have to ask 'the wizard'
Most CCS fast chargers are connected via the internet.

Today, I was using an EV-Go CCS  charger (Ducth Flat, CA  U-76  gas station) and with my bike's key out, I could see everything about the  bike's charging through the internet connection, using the EV-Go application. That gives a much better range than Bluetooth!  I can see my % SOC , the current charge rate, the time to complete and much more.

So if you're using chargers on the road, don't connect to the bike, connect to the charger via the internet, where possible. Don't leave home without a way to get on the internet if you want all the benefits of CCS charging.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 05:41:00 AM by DonTom »
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

octopusenvy

• Tiakina Te Taiao!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2020, 11:29:29 AM »

[quote
Most CCS fast chargers are connected via the internet.

Today, I was using an EV-Go CCS  charger (Ducth Flat, CA  U-76  gas station) and with my bike's key out, I could see everything about the bike's charging through the internet connection, using the EV-Go application. That gives a much better range than Bluetooth!  I can see my % SOC , the current charge rate, the time to complete and much more.

So if you're using chargers on the road, don't connect to the bike, connect to the charger via the internet, where possible. Don't leave home without a way to get on the internet if you want all the benefits of CCS charging.

Yeah Don thanks for the good tip, I've done it before that way. That's doable even though I am in New Zealand (chargenet is online and can watch DCFC on their app), but it's nice when using AC charging or just limited signal etc to be able to get charging info just via bluetooth. Hopefully with LRC or a future update, something will happen. And maybe 'the wizard' has a fix...
From custom build, to Zero to Energica. Life is short, buy the electric bike!
Pages: 1 [2]