• September 23, 2024, 04:28:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: SR / F damaged by rain?  (Read 4853 times)

Hans2183

• View Profile
Re: SR / F damaged by rain?
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2021, 08:06:38 PM »

Well reread my response, I never said mine doesn't.

And also you nor me have numbers on this so "lots of people" might be any percentage of owners world wide. Hard to conclude on that.

I only reacted on the harsh statement that zeroes are useless in rain by telling you I do use it that way a lot. As did crissa.
2021 Energica SS9+ 21.5kWh
--- Belgium ---

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2021, 09:42:06 PM »

My point is, what use is telling these people that it works for you? Just a trolly sort of observation is all. (I'll crawl back under my rock)

Cas :)

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2021, 02:45:33 AM »

My point is, what use is telling these people that it works for you? Just a trolly sort of observation is all. (I'll crawl back under my rock)
Centra's post 'Zeros are useless!' was the trolly post.  It said Zeros can't be used in the rain.  My exception proves that is not true.

I never said a bike couldn't have problems in the rain.  That's true of any bike, ICE or EV.  And of course, we have the sample set - people with problems are mire likely to seek out a forum to get help than people without problems.

From one observation, we got to hear from 1/10th the UK owners who suffered the wet spider problem.  But we only hear from 1/hundreds of the riders without that problem.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

centra12

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2021, 03:36:35 AM »

@Hans2183

Who says that the post was addressed to you  ???

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2021, 06:11:38 AM »

OTOH I don't think I've heard of a bike that's conked out when it's got wet since... 1985? So, well done Zero!

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2021, 01:34:33 PM »

OTOH I don't think I've heard of a bike that's conked out when it's got wet since... 1985? So, well done Zero!
You don't hang out on BMW fora, then?

Or rebuild Ninjas?

Or...

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2021, 04:54:32 PM »

I had the joys of 15 years of BMW ownership with all the pleasures of their many failures (I don't think I've ever owned a single BMW that didn't break - we're talking 9 bikes here I think), but failure from water ingress was not a thing that occurred fortunately. And oddly before, during, and after the BMW tenure I was always a Kwacker, and again, no electrical woes - they were just too simple though, not even CANBUS.

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2021, 08:25:31 AM »

I got my first motorcycle in 2003 and rain was not a concern but an attraction. All of my friends constantly rode in rain, sought out big storms, fully decked out in raingear, and went off to watch landslides and stand in rivers on the road. The thought of a bike failure never occurred a single time to any of us, ever. No bike of mine has had a problem with that, including my FX.

There seems to be some reading comprehension issues here from Zero fanpersons. centra was talking about his experience, bike being >$20 so obviously Gen 3 and not Gen 2. He did not say "useless" but "limited use". Regardless, this is a valid complaint. Bikes that fail when they get wet are inexcusable, even electric ones, especially when they have been around for 14 years.

princec

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2021, 09:08:51 AM »

Indeed, and making excuses just means real problems don't get fixed. If we want to see it done right - look at how Yamaha and Honda operate.

jonblow

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2021, 05:08:40 PM »

I’d just like to add to this thread by adding that I live in the UK and as such riding in the rain is a prerequisite of owning a motorcycle.
I have had zero ( :D) problems with my srf riding in appalling conditions for almost 2 years!

fredx

• Boulder, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2021, 09:38:00 AM »

Thank you, jonblow!  As an SR/F owner for a year now, it's good to hear positive experiences.  I haven't ridden mine in the rain a lot (but some), and the only problem I've had was an early failure with the drive belt breaking at 54 miles.  Now pushing 5k miles, the only remaining problem is avoiding speeding citations, and accepting the fact that I've gone through that first rear tire really, really fast!
2020 Zero SR/F Premium, 12kW Dub-J charging (disappointed; sold)
2015 Yamaha Super Tenere ES
2013 Zero FX ZF5.7 (sold)

peterwarm

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2021, 08:02:01 PM »

I'm located in Plymouth UK.  Last year my SRF was taken back to Holland for  error 43 "insolation fault" and spent 2 months there being rebuilt.

Unfortunately I've just had another error 43.   This time Zero has trained a UK technician to deal with this (? remake connections waterproof??) so it doesn't have to go back to Holland, but has to go 300 miles away. Crated up today.

Interestingly my dealer (Davant, Torquay) says that there's another SRF going back for the same reason.  I think both were very early models bought as ex demos.

The bright side?  I get a lone bike, of unknown type, probably not an SRF, so I get to try another Zero.
Nov 2019 Blue SR/F  doesnt like rain - 2 rebuilds now Ok
Windscreen / 12kW Charge
Underseat 13A(UK) and Type2 cables
SRS pegs / keyless rear seat and tank hatch
... fairing......?

ESokoloff

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2021, 05:43:39 AM »

What a bizarre thing to agree on.
lots of people: My Zero got wet and stopped working.
2 people: mine doesn't, so there's probably no problem, must be Water Elves or something.

Better make that (at least) 3 owners that ride Weather or not.
Eric
2016 Zero DSR

TheRan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2021, 06:06:27 AM »

You could say 4 as I ride in the rain a lot with no issues, however I have had isolation faults from spraying the bike down with a hose. So, while the bike isn't exposed to the extent that it's unrideable it's also not sealed as well as it should (and probably could) be.

SkyYeti

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2021, 11:06:27 PM »

The bright side?  I get a lone bike, of unknown type, probably not an SRF, so I get to try another Zero.

What did you eventually get as a loan bike Peter?
When mine was in for repair I was given another SR/F (with Netherlands plates ;D)

2022 Zero SR/F Premium
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5