• September 29, 2024, 07:27:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Extremely bad customer service from the Energica main office  (Read 873 times)

sazs

• View Profile

Just thought to share my bad experience with Energica main office. According to the forum it looks like you are lucky with the dealers in the US, but the main office doesn’t give a hope.

I need some document related to my Eva bike from Energica which is required by the registration authorities in Norway. Given that there is no more dealer in Norway anymore, I took contact with the main office. Their answer took almost a month and the funny part is that they have refused to send this document to me.  Their reason is that they have a conflict with the previous Energica dealer in Norway and therefor they don’t want to send anything and moreover, they refuse to communicate to me further. I think that was cheaply done from Energica and mixing-up their relations with partners and customers wasn’t the best idea. It looks like they are in some sort of revenge, but instead of taking it with their dealer they decided to play it on the customer.

So all in all I think Energica bikes are OK, but given my experience of communication with their main office, this is not a brand I will buy and wouldn’t recommend to anyone.

I hope you guys have a better experience.

MoneyFor

• View Profile
    • My Current Bikes
Re: Extremely bad customer service from the Energica main office
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 08:51:25 PM »

I am sorry to hear this, I have contacted Energica Italy twice so far and received a friendly reply the day after.

I hope it will work out for you.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 08:57:09 PM by MoneyFor »
Click HERE here to see my current bikes.

My current bikes:

2003 - HD  Hugger
2016 - Honda GL 1800
2018 - HD  Fat Boy
2019 - HD  Street Bob
2020 - Energica Ribelle
2021 - KTM Superduke 1290R
2022 - HD Street Glide Special

MikeL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 08:54:48 PM »

Just thought to share my bad experience with Energica main office. According to the forum it looks like you are lucky with the dealers in the US, but the main office doesn’t give a hope.

I need some document related to my Eva bike from Energica which is required by the registration authorities in Norway. Given that there is no more dealer in Norway anymore, I took contact with the main office. Their answer took almost a month and the funny part is that they have refused to send this document to me.  Their reason is that they have a conflict with the previous Energica dealer in Norway and therefor they don’t want to send anything and moreover, they refuse to communicate to me further. I think that was cheaply done from Energica and mixing-up their relations with partners and customers wasn’t the best idea. It looks like they are in some sort of revenge, but instead of taking it with their dealer they decided to play it on the customer.

So all in all I think Energica bikes are OK, but given my experience of communication with their main office, this is not a brand I will buy and wouldn’t recommend to anyone.

I hope you guys have a better experience.

I won't defend either party but this sounds less like "play it on the customer" and more like a legal battle. I'm making an assumption but I would guess one of these parties has an open litigation against the other. They are unable to speak on the issue with customers.

That still doesn't explain why they couldn't help you with paperwork related to the bike. I hope you can find a way to make things work.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 03:09:14 AM »

The idea that it's legal to block an owner from talking to a manufacturer is ridiculous, yes, but contracts and litigation can get in the way.  They shouldn't, but foreign companies have little support when it comes to rights.

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 07:45:00 AM »

Pure speculation on my part but it sounds like the dealer owes Energica something and maybe they wanted those bikes back or at least have them not be able to be sold so Energica can repo them.

I say go back to the dealer and get your money back.  Let them fight it out.

sazs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 03:19:38 PM »

Thank you all for support! I was also a happy Energica owner until this situation.
NEW2elec you can be right in your speculations and indeed this is what I’m going to do, I will send this bike back to the ex-dealer, but it doesn’t make Energica look any better. And here is why:

1. Communication. Communication was extremely poor and they refuse to talk to me.
2. I paid for this bike and owning bike of Energica brand and I expect some help and support when needed.
3. I will send this bike back to the ex-dealer and I hope things will work out smoothly. But really I have no idea when I will get my money back… The worse case this ex-dealer will call bankruptcy and I will not get my money, nor I am not sure how much Energica will get back…

I am going back to ICE bikes for now, probably either KTM or BMW, hopefully they will come up with some good electric bikes in the future or maybe Tesla will finally jump into the MC market.

MoneyFor

• View Profile
    • My Current Bikes
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 03:31:29 PM »

I personally think it is a great risk to just bring / send the bike to the dealer. You have no guarantee whatsoever that you will get your money back and as you already mentioned, hey can call a bankruptcy, then you are lost the bike and your money. Don't have a lawyer who can contact Energica to demand that document ?
Click HERE here to see my current bikes.

My current bikes:

2003 - HD  Hugger
2016 - Honda GL 1800
2018 - HD  Fat Boy
2019 - HD  Street Bob
2020 - Energica Ribelle
2021 - KTM Superduke 1290R
2022 - HD Street Glide Special

most

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 04:25:42 PM »

Very hard to tell what's really goin on in the background. sasz, would you share some more details?
What document are you seeking to receive? the CoC?
Did you buy the bike new from that dealer? => He should be able to hand over all documents that are required to get it registered
Or used 2nd hand? => then most probably it was already registered...
What do you know about the bike's history? Was it legal property of the dealer or of Energica?
Who is your contract partner? Sounds like the dealer is, but let's make sure...
What makes you think the dealer has to take back the bike? In most European countries, once a deal is done it is done. A dealer may take the bike back, but legally he doesn't have to. Unless properties of the bike or other warranted attributes are not as mentioned in the contract.

If you send the bike back, then you hand over all your evidences. I would consider twice before doing that - you will be at the mercy of his good will.
Experia - see also my videos
Consumption:

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 06:47:05 PM »

I'd stay away from modern BMWs.  They're all built to cost.  Lots of gee-whiz technology but the bike won't last much longer than the warranty.  They're targeting those who replace their bikes every three to five years, not the traditional BMW buyer who used to buy a bike and keep it on the road forever.  If you want something that lasts you really can't beat the Japanese.  And that's funny, because planned obsolescence was practically invented in Japan, too!  Not anymore.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

sazs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 07:29:54 PM »

Very hard to tell what's really goin on in the background. sasz, would you share some more details?
What document are you seeking to receive? the CoC?
Did you buy the bike new from that dealer? => He should be able to hand over all documents that are required to get it registered
Or used 2nd hand? => then most probably it was already registered...
What do you know about the bike's history? Was it legal property of the dealer or of Energica?
Who is your contract partner? Sounds like the dealer is, but let's make sure...
What makes you think the dealer has to take back the bike? In most European countries, once a deal is done it is done. A dealer may take the bike back, but legally he doesn't have to. Unless properties of the bike or other warranted attributes are not as mentioned in the contract.

Yes, this is CoC I am waiting, the bike was bought from the ex-dealer as a new demo bike which was never registered, I believe it was property of the ex-dealer, but I don’t know. Part of the delivery was registration or the registration documents, but the ex-dealer was not able to provide either registration or the documents for over 7 months, all the time saying that Energica is delayed. From talking with our local registration authorities I understand  that requesting CoC from the manufacturer directly is usually not a problem and a common procedure, so I took contact with Energica and all the story. Fair enough to mention that I was in contact with Energica right after I bought this bike and they where kind enough to send user manual and never mentioned issues with this ex-dealer.

Registration was part of the contract, so hopefully I should be able to return this bike.

I am not saying that Energica is braking the law or doing something suspicious, they have their reason to do what they did. Just the way how they communicated (or not communicated  :)) and the 2 other points Ive mentioned earlier are not making me loyal customer to this brand :).

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 07:31:42 PM »

Ok so let me give a US ex. of what I am thinking is happening.
A guy does a title pawn on his Harley.  He gets to keep the Harley while the pawn company has the title.
He then sells it for $8k to someone and tells them he will "pay off the loan" and get the buyer the title.
Of course he never pays off the loan, and now the pawn company wants the bike to re sell and recoup their money.
In this case the pawn company "owns" the bike and the buyer has to sue the seller for their money back.
The seller could be charged with fraud if it got down to it.

To Sazs:
There are many reports of great customer service from Energica so a simple document being lost or misplaced would quickly be fixed that's why I agree with you that there seems to be a issue with them and the dealer.  To be clear I'm saying get your money, then give them back the bike.  If they refuse then a court case may be needed.

Like in my example the Title Pawn company wouldn't just give the buyer the title for the bike because then they would lose out when the bike seller was in the wrong.

Good luck, but if they are in a legal battle already that may explain Energica not being able to talk about why they can't give you the documents.

I see you posted while I was typing so it sounds like it's the dealers fault.  Good luck, it sucks when people mess up an honest deal and the good party has to deal with the head aches.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 07:35:08 PM by NEW2elec »

frank_b

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 10:53:00 PM »

...  If you want something that lasts you really can't beat the Japanese.  ...

To stay on-topic, if you have a problem with a Japanese bike  :(

I had a problem with my brand new Honda VFR1200F and tried communicating with Honda. About bad communication  >:(
Go to the dealer and thats it. Explaining some stuff, go away why are you contacting us, go to the dealer.
The dealer also had problems and as a loyal customer (had Honda's for almost 40 years) I tried to contact them.
So your not alone and I think European law has something to do with it. But the tone was not friendly at al.

Looks like the communication with Energica is better  ;D
And my next new bike is not a Honda but an Energica.  8)  (yes it's ordered still waiting)
Energica EVA Ribelle (Stealth Grey)

sazs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 01:34:44 PM »

After talking with ex-dealer, an update on this case.

It is indeed Energica fault and bad communication with the customer. The ex-dealer was able to show me documentation proving that. Sorry, I can't say more details. But more thumbs down to the main Energica office.

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 07:24:01 PM »

Of course the ex-dealer would say that.  But there aren't alot of ex-Energica dealers, are there?

-Crissa
2014 Zero S ZF8.5

Lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2020, 11:55:27 AM »

It is indeed Energica fault and bad communication with the customer. The ex-dealer was able to show me documentation proving that. Sorry, I can't say more details. But more thumbs down to the main Energica office.

To me it is pretty obvious what has happened there and I have strong doubts it's actually Energicas fault. The CoC is the essential document for a bike, because it effectively proves the ownership and is needed to actually use and register the bike. The CoC will be issued/sent to the dealer as soon as the bike is fully paid. So if the dealer hasn't received the CoC within 7 months, he hasn't paid the bike - it's as simple as that. This is what most likely happened:

-Dealer got approved by Energica and ordered a Demo Bike. He made a small down payment and chose 180 days payment for the rest
-Dealer decided not to pay the bike when the 180 days were due (for whatever reason)
-Dealer decided to sell the bike to you without actually having the necessary documents and knowing it will be useless for you
-Dealer is trying to hide his fraud by telling you stories and trying to make Energica look as the bad guys

What you should do immediately, is to return the bike to your dealer and get your money back. Otherwise ask your dealer if he's able to prove the full payment of the bike - if he's not willing or able to do that, things are obvious.
Zero FXS 6.5 MY16
Pages: [1] 2