• September 23, 2024, 07:28:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2electron McFly  (Read 222 times)

TheRan

• View Profile
2electron McFly
« on: June 15, 2020, 09:47:46 AM »

I thought Kawasaki's idea of sticking a gearbox on an electric bike just so it doesn't scare off the luddites was stupid but this shit is going too far. Thankfully they're not actually planning on wasting even more money bringing the bike to market, instead they're hoping that some other company is dumb enough to buy the tech off them.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-tech/mcfly-petrol-engine-emulator-electric-bike/

I will say the actual implementation is kind of neat and having a "clutch" to feather torque and the ability to have a torque curve that emulates a gas bike might be useful for new electric riders coming from a gas bike, but the rest of the idea with the speakers and fake shifting is just super dumb.

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: 2electron McFly
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 12:25:19 PM »

I thought Kawasaki's idea of sticking a gearbox on an electric bike just so it doesn't scare off the luddites was stupid but this shit is going too far. Thankfully they're not actually planning on wasting even more money bringing the bike to market, instead they're hoping that some other company is dumb enough to buy the tech off them.

I will say the actual implementation is kind of neat and having a "clutch" to feather torque and the ability to have a torque curve that emulates a gas bike might be useful for new electric riders coming from a gas bike, but the rest of the idea with the speakers and fake shifting is just super dumb.
Can the noise be switched off?

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE