• September 29, 2024, 07:18:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Handlebar height differense Ribelle & EsseEsse9  (Read 514 times)

MoneyFor

• View Profile
    • My Current Bikes
Handlebar height differense Ribelle & EsseEsse9
« on: June 09, 2020, 01:03:17 PM »

I'm curious about the handlebar height difference between the Ribelle and EsseEsse9, can someone please measure on his Ribille and EsseEsse9 ,  so I can compare the sizes.
Click HERE here to see my current bikes.

My current bikes:

2003 - HD  Hugger
2016 - Honda GL 1800
2018 - HD  Fat Boy
2019 - HD  Street Bob
2020 - Energica Ribelle
2021 - KTM Superduke 1290R
2022 - HD Street Glide Special

Ferrari_Challenge

• View Profile
Re: Handlebar height differense Ribelle & EsseEsse9
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 07:22:44 PM »

I’m following this as I contacted my dealer last week to ask if when I order a Ribelle could I spec in the higher bars and lower foot pegs of the SS9? I’d prefer the higher riding position of my Eva on my back.

MikeL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 08:53:13 PM »

Curious about this as well. Looking forward to others answers.

MoneyFor

• View Profile
    • My Current Bikes
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 09:29:19 PM »

I’m following this as I contacted my dealer last week to ask if when I order a Ribelle could I spec in the higher bars and lower foot pegs of the SS9? I’d prefer the higher riding position of my Eva on my back.

That was exactly the reason why I asked it :) ,

I had 3 back surgeries and I'm limited to bent forward,  I could not compare the bikes in real life because the dealer is new and he didn't have any info yet.  I only could order
the bike but not see them.   I do not want to wait with ordering and I also do not care if the handlebar would be oem or not. I'm just wondering if the brakeline is long enough,
in other words the same as on the EsseEsse9.

So I'm curious  ;)

My current bikes:

2003 - HD  Hugger
2016 - Honda GL 1800
2018 - HD  Fat Boy
2019 - HD  Street Bob
2020 - Energica Ribelle

Demoni

• Global Moderator
  • Energica Service Manager
    • View Profile
    • Energica
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 12:59:26 AM »

EsseEsse9 - 45.35"
EVA - 42.7"
Difference - 2.65"

The EsseEsse9 has a much more upright riding position vs the EVA, your back will thank you for the taller bars. The part number for the front brake hose is different between the bikes (EsseEsse9 is longer). If you buy an EVA and want to get taller bars expect to replace the brake hose that goes between the master cylinder and the ABS module.

MoneyFor

• View Profile
    • My Current Bikes
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 11:39:22 AM »

EsseEsse9 - 45.35"
EVA - 42.7"
Difference - 2.65"

The EsseEsse9 has a much more upright riding position vs the EVA, your back will thank you for the taller bars. The part number for the front brake hose is different between the bikes (EsseEsse9 is longer). If you buy an EVA and want to get taller bars expect to replace the brake hose that goes between the master cylinder and the ABS module.

Thanks !

My current bikes:

2003 - HD  Hugger
2016 - Honda GL 1800
2018 - HD  Fat Boy
2019 - HD  Street Bob
2020 - Energica Ribelle

Ferrari_Challenge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 04:24:37 AM »

I can give you a little input regarding raising the bar height and cable lengths. When I got my Eva I asked about buying the SS9's bar mount to raise mine up to the same height, I was told its the same mount both bikes its actually the bars themselves that are bent to establish the raise. Manufacturer's rep suggested a pair of I think Rizoma bar extensions for 1.75" saying that would make them equivalent. I asked about the cable length and was told all the extensions they've managed with owners there was no need for new cables, I found this to be the case when I did this procedure myself Hope this helps.

MoneyFor

• View Profile
    • My Current Bikes
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 03:48:50 PM »

I can give you a little input regarding raising the bar height and cable lengths. When I got my Eva I asked about buying the SS9's bar mount to raise mine up to the same height, I was told its the same mount both bikes its actually the bars themselves that are bent to establish the raise. Manufacturer's rep suggested a pair of I think Rizoma bar extensions for 1.75" saying that would make them equivalent. I asked about the cable length and was told all the extensions they've managed with owners there was no need for new cables, I found this to be the case when I did this procedure myself Hope this helps.

Yes this helps a lot ! 

I was looking at some rasers, probably I'll ending up making them myself since I have the ability , tools and the machines to do this. If the brakeline should be a problem, I can replace that one. From an earlier answer it only appears to go between the brake lever and the abs distributor, also brakelines I make myself, mostly with products from Goodridge.

The handlebar is 22mm right ? also on the mounting point at the clamp.

My current bikes:

2003 - HD  Hugger
2016 - Honda GL 1800
2018 - HD  Fat Boy
2019 - HD  Street Bob
2020 - Energica Ribelle
Pages: [1]