• September 29, 2024, 05:14:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ego Road Trip Write-up  (Read 1012 times)

MikeL

• View Profile
Re: Ego Road Trip Write-up
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2020, 09:23:31 AM »

I'm the buddy! Yep great short write up Sam, I really enjoyed our too-short roadtrip, and looking forward to the next (we live at opposite ends of the island, about 13hrs apart)!

Beautiful bike! The background is nice too  ;)

Curious how you like the windscreen on it, does it feel like it pushes a lot of air over you or does it not do a lot?

octopusenvy

• Tiakina Te Taiao!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2020, 05:52:21 PM »

I'm the buddy! Yep great short write up Sam, I really enjoyed our too-short roadtrip, and looking forward to the next (we live at opposite ends of the island, about 13hrs apart)!

Beautiful bike! The background is nice too  ;)

Curious how you like the windscreen on it, does it feel like it pushes a lot of air over you or does it not do a lot?

Cheers MikeL! The pic is taken in a place called Hahei (Cathedral Cove). Lots of islands off the Coromandel Peninsula. As for the screen, it wasn't cheap but i think it works pretty well. Certainly a 10-15% range increase compared with no screen. It was a bit of a pain to install (lots of little bits/washers), but that's because it's actually an adjustable screen that can slide up and down.

From custom build, to Zero to Energica. Life is short, buy the electric bike!

MikeL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2020, 08:55:23 PM »

Cheers MikeL! The pic is taken in a place called Hahei (Cathedral Cove). Lots of islands off the Coromandel Peninsula. As for the screen, it wasn't cheap but i think it works pretty well. Certainly a 10-15% range increase compared with no screen. It was a bit of a pain to install (lots of little bits/washers), but that's because it's actually an adjustable screen that can slide up and down.

Maybe one day i'll get around to visiting, it looks like it would be an amazing place to spend a few weeks.

Thanks for the info about the windscreen, it looks good on that bike that's for sure. Is it an Energica one (like the one you can spec out when building a bike) or is it an aftermarket find?

octopusenvy

• Tiakina Te Taiao!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2020, 06:46:06 AM »

Definitely the Energica screen. It's pricey, but it's exactly designed for the bike and can be adjusted. A screen improves your range, undoubtedly, so worth investing in. I think it looks good too, but I'm pretty keen to drop the mirrors and find some integrated ducati handguards/indicators/mirrors...they'd look awesome!

Maybe one day i'll get around to visiting, it looks like it would be an amazing place to spend a few weeks.

Thanks for the info about the windscreen, it looks good on that bike that's for sure. Is it an Energica one (like the one you can spec out when building a bike) or is it an aftermarket find?
From custom build, to Zero to Energica. Life is short, buy the electric bike!
Pages: 1 [2]