• April 23, 2024, 04:52:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fully Faired SR/F Model spotted testing in the wild  (Read 2276 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Fully Faired SR/F Model spotted testing in the wild
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 05:26:50 AM »

Good. Even if it’s not a game changing fairing, in terms of highway range, this means the OEM has a frame or subframe that can support a fairing.

It also supports a proper cockpit, which is a great feature of the Hollywood Electrics fairing.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 06:24:39 AM »

Story at Asphalt and Rubber:
https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumors/zero-srf-full-fairing-spy-photo/

Sweet! I would be interested. The ergos look good. My only complaint (besides no L3 charging) are the high foot pegs, which im sure I could figure out how to lower them a couple inches.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 06:38:11 AM »

Nice looking fairing.  It looks like it could have been lifted off of any number of ICE motorcycles.  I wonder if it was?  I also note the SHAD hard saddlebags. They look just like the SH36 models that I installed on my BMW R1200RS.  Or maybe they are their SH35 bags?  I am a little confused why SHAD makes two such similar hard bags.   ???  I have been very happy with my SHAD luggage, but they do tend to be kind of wide due to their size.  When I have them on my bike I do my best not to filter through traffic.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Kovol2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 09:43:02 AM »

Looks nice, when does Zero usually announce models for the year?

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 05:34:24 PM »

Looks nice, when does Zero usually announce models for the year?

EICMA, usually... though they've already announced the 2020 models for this year.  There are a couple of threads about it here already.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

BigPoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 08:33:32 PM »

Very nice...maybe Zero will be the first to offer a true sport-touring electric. That fairing and hard bags look like it will make a nice ride for longer commutes and some light touring.

Hopefully they’ll address the DC fast charging issue if they do try to bring a sport touring electric to market.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 12:03:25 AM »

Definitely encouraging! The photo is too blurred for me to tell what's actually underneath, so I hope Asphalt & Rubber is getting it right.
Especially encouraging that it's shown with panniers, so it's likely to be a faired sport-tourer rather than a faired sportbike; the panniers being SHAD also makes sense -- IIRC, the top case Zero itself sells is also SHAD?
Oh and Richard -- the SHAD SH35 cases are aluminum, and more expensive than the very common SH36 cases, in accordance with the current silly fad for aluminum cases borrowed from adventure bikes.
Givi isn't immune from this, either; their V35 and V37 side cases are inferior in most respects to the older and far cheaper E360, which is still manufactured.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 02:54:22 AM »

The top box on my 2018 S is made by Givi, not SHAD...
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 03:43:14 AM »

Definitely encouraging! The photo is too blurred for me to tell what's actually underneath, so I hope Asphalt & Rubber is getting it right.
Especially encouraging that it's shown with panniers, so it's likely to be a faired sport-tourer rather than a faired sportbike; the panniers being SHAD also makes sense -- IIRC, the top case Zero itself sells is also SHAD?
Oh and Richard -- the SHAD SH35 cases are aluminum, and more expensive than the very common SH36 cases, in accordance with the current silly fad for aluminum cases borrowed from adventure bikes.
Givi isn't immune from this, either; their V35 and V37 side cases are inferior in most respects to the older and far cheaper E360, which is still manufactured.

In that case, the SHAD cases on the spy-shot bike are the SH36 models.  I really like mine. SHAD makes the BMW plastic cases, but the SH36 models are half the weight and about 1/3 the cost of the BMW products and work just as well.  Any yes, the current top box sold by Zero is a Givi item.  But I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the top box sold for the SR/F is also a SHAD item. Zero does like to switch vendors now and then, especially windshield manufacturers.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 04:56:57 AM »

The top box on my 2009 Yamaha TMAX was a Givi... in fact, I think it was the exact same model as the one currently on my Zero S.  My 2019 Yamaha XMAX, however, has a SHAD top box... so Zero isn't the only one who switches vendors.

Cheap bastard that I am, I was sorry to hear the XMAX luggage rack was designed for SHAD and not Givi, or I wouldn't've bothered buying the top box; I would've just swapped the one I had back and forth depending on which one I was riding.  Oh well.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 06:16:05 AM »

I have a Givi rear rack on my Yamaha and it is convenient to switch the Zero top box between the two motorcycles.  Two for the price of one.   ;)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2019, 07:54:25 AM »

Usually, people adapt another rack system from Givi or SW-Motech to accommodate a Shad top case, rather than the other way around.

I'd also prefer a Givi-compatible top mount for similar reasons (re-use my Givi Maxia 3 across bikes). But it can probably be adapted with a little tinkering.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

shayan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2019, 07:06:35 AM »

Was just watching this video with subtitles enabled for italian and right about 1:15 mark to 1:26 mark, the subtitles say that Josef Morat (Country Manager Italia ZERO Motorcycles) confirming a faired version officially coming soon.

Maybe someone who knows italian can confirm :)

-Shayan
-Shayan

2020 Zero SR/F standard + ChargeTank

Kovol2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2019, 08:50:07 AM »

Yea, it definitely sounds like hes hinting at a faired version soon(put it through a couple translators). Surprised we didnt see it teased at EICMA but oh well. Based off the picture and this interview it sounds like its on its way sometime in 2020.
Pages: [1] 2