• March 28, 2024, 07:42:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SR/F LED headlight, good, bad or ugly?  (Read 623 times)

grmarks

• View Profile
SR/F LED headlight, good, bad or ugly?
« on: September 13, 2019, 02:12:31 PM »

SR/F owners, what is the LED headlight like? Is it excellent, good, or so so? I need to replace my 2015 SR headlight and was thinking about using the SR/F headlight instead (if it's really good).

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
Re: SR/F LED headlight, good, bad or ugly?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 03:17:52 PM »

I like it.  Decent pattern.  I probably need to adjust mine a bit, the bright seems a little high and overly focused to me.  Much better pattern than my DSR had.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

RG2019

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 04:26:06 PM »

Hi, I don't know why you need to replace the headlight but you can replace the bulb by a LED light bulb.

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 06:48:35 PM »

I really like mine.  I find the low beams excellent, high beams above average.  Nice color and pattern.  But you have to consider, this is my first vehicle with LED lights.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

siai47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 07:04:42 PM »

I like the light output and pattern on the low beam.  However, mine was delivered with the headlight far out of adjustment.  It was so far out I thought the high/low switch was installed backwards as the high beam was over the tops of the trees! The adjuster moves both beams (high and low) at the same time.  On my bike there is a distinct narrow dark band between the beams on high beam (both segments of the lamp are on in high beam allowing for the gap).  It would be nice if there was an adjuster for independently setting each beam.
1979 Honda CBX
2009 Aprilia Cube 250 Scooter
2016 Victory Empulse TT
2019 Can-Am Spyder
2020 SR/F (retired)

grmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 07:41:31 PM »

Hi, I don't know why you need to replace the headlight but you can replace the bulb by a LED light bulb.
I have a HID bulb in mine and it came out and melted its holder putting black soot all over the reflector. Can't seem to get it off without scratching the reflector surface. Now the advantage of the HID bulb is gone.
Its held in with cable ties now.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 07:44:00 PM by grmarks »

grmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 07:52:52 PM »

I found the LED bulb I bought good on low beam but shit on high beam. The HID bulb I have was really good on low beam and absolutely unreal on high beam, it would light up the road all around you. I would rate it as being able to see 4 time as far into the distance over the LED bulb. Great for country riding at night. But with the stuffed reflector that doesn't happen anymore.

TireFryer426

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 12:53:16 AM »

Actually thought that the headlight was going to be the first thing I was going to want to change about the bike.
It looks better in person than it does in the pictures.  That said, I might still mess with going to a round LED this winter or next season.
Pages: [1]