• April 26, 2024, 06:06:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2018 Zero FX with Knobbies  (Read 618 times)

roadrich

• Zero FX / Sur-Ron X
    • View Profile
2018 Zero FX with Knobbies
« on: September 12, 2019, 07:57:30 PM »

I put some D606 tires on my FX.  So far tons of grip and rides well on the road.  Also installed rim locks and bark busters.  I will report back once I get her out on some proper trails.

Also a short video of my first ride on them:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 08:07:59 PM by roadrich »
2018 Zero FX / 2017 Sur-Ron X

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: 2018 Zero FX with Knobbies
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 08:01:39 PM »

I'll be looking for the news reports of "strange dirt circles" appearing all over Atlanta.  :)

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 03:27:32 AM »

If you've gone so far as to get rim locks, then you probably also want the chain kit?

NoMoreIdeas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 04:04:53 AM »

If you punch it in sport mode from say.. 20mph on asphalt, does it spin or grip and go? I want to do this to mine as well! Where did you get the bark busters?

I'm curious about the belt, these have a wider and more stout belt than previous years.

roadrich

• Zero FX / Sur-Ron X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 09:10:57 PM »

If you've gone so far as to get rim locks, then you probably also want the chain kit?

My thought is to see how much the belt will handle first.  I heard this generation of belt is much stronger than the last.  When I snap it I'll get the chain kit.  Hopefully I won't snap it 40 miles from nowhere...

If you punch it in sport mode from say.. 20mph on asphalt, does it spin or grip and go? I want to do this to mine as well! Where did you get the bark busters?

I'm curious about the belt, these have a wider and more stout belt than previous years.

Seems to grip well.  Riding on road feels a little more awkward than the stock tires do but not terrible.  I wouldn't be hitting twistys at full speed on them.  I got the bark busters on Amazon for cheap.  I've used these same ones on all my motorcycles and never had an issue with them.  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0773DRLKT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2018 Zero FX / 2017 Sur-Ron X

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 11:11:11 PM »

Just the diameter of the rear sprocket due to no primary reduction is going to put either the chain or belt closer to mud and such than most anything else using Whatever terrain.  I notice there is a Military version that comes with pretty close to full knobbies.
Pages: [1]