• March 28, 2024, 07:07:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tassajara on FX 7.2  (Read 390 times)

Calidave

• View Profile
Tassajara on FX 7.2
« on: September 11, 2019, 03:47:13 AM »

Hi Team,

Last weekend I cruised Tassajara Rd. off of Carmel Valley: 34 miles, 5 hours, 7000 feet of climbing, and 55% charge at finish.

Bike handled it all just fine, though I may not be doing the final 4 miles to the Zen Center too often in the future.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:36:42 AM by Calidave »

LDG

• View Profile
Re: Tassaraja on FX 7.2
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 01:27:22 AM »

We need more people to post off road adventures. I've gone pretty off road on my DS so much that I'm thinking of seeling it and switching to a FX. Would love to same one in a proper West Coast Enduro race.

ZNRL

• View Profile
Re: Tassaraja on FX 7.2
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 02:28:03 AM »

Nice.  We should start a FX Rider report thread.

Went to ride the dirt trails around Mammoth/Owens River off 395 a few months ago with my new 2019 FX with knobbies..MT21's and chain,  super fun.

We were boon-docking camped out in my toy hauler off owens rivers road, the portable Yamaha (2000) generator had no issues charging the FX (and the trailer batteries) up to 100% overnight, ready to go the next morning.

We were averaging about 90 miles(45 miles out and back) with 20% left at the end of the ride back to camp (hill climb down, charged it up).   I also brought my old Yamaha XT225 Dual Sport and didn't even ride it once.. it was all FX.

I installed a mobile dvr and mounted front and rear cameras, and captured some footage I'll upload soon..

Calidave

• View Profile
Re: Tassajara on FX 7.2
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 10:35:59 AM »

Hey ZNRL,

Sounds like you were out at Poleta. Great to hear about your experience and trail range.

I've been scouring riderplanet-usa.com for up-coming winter holiday riding opportunities. Poleta looks great but is a long long drive.

I'm planning to hit Evans Flat, Spangler Hills and Jawbone Canyon (weather permitting) over the Xmas break.

May try Interface and Black Springs (Arnold area) for a short weekend trip beforehand.

So far, the FX has been great for trail riding. Simple operation, good set up, plenty of silent power, and plenty of range.

Hope more people discover what the FX has to offer.
Pages: [1]