• April 26, 2024, 06:57:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What I found out after making a MBB cord  (Read 526 times)

Ayebah

• View Profile
What I found out after making a MBB cord
« on: September 10, 2019, 04:14:27 AM »

I luckily had a USB cord capable of making a Mbb ODB-II cable.  Unlucky didn't have the driver and then tried using Putty and couldn't make it work. Spent all day yesterday researching and trying different methods others tired.  This morning made it work after find out that  Zero uses TeraTerm.

And since I don't know the password the only benefit I got out of my work was to find out that my MY16 FX  thinks it its FXS 11kw, model FSX11,and the sevcon says my controller can output max 520 amps and max rpm is 6127 88mph

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: What I found out after making a MBB cord
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 07:18:22 AM »

Relevant unofficial manual page:
https://zeromanual.com/wiki/MBB_Console

Unfortunately, we can't reveal passwords responsibly, and higher-level passwords were changed as of a specific firmware revision a couple years ago.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Ayebah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 06:46:42 AM »

Update. Realized that in custom mode your top speed is set in the Sevcon for 110mph/7460 rpm but the Mbb devalues it. So what I can make the dash read 95mph in a burst (150kph) and 88mph continuously while on jack stands. But in sport only 80. Funny how sport mode is limited compared to custom mode. But on the FX it will be high motor temps and low states of charge that really limit the bike.   How come the newer Zero S/Ds with the same motor and battery size have different top speeds if the battery size and the sprocket are the same size as the Fx?

I guess I’m learning of planned obsolescence.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 06:30:43 PM by Ayebah »

Crissa

• Centauress
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 09:04:51 AM »

How come the newer Zero S/Ds with the same motor and battery size have different top speeds if the battery size and the sprocket are the same size as the Fx?
Because weight, rolling resistance, wind resistance, and controller efficiency also matter to top speed.  There's probably a huge list of things that can effect it I can't even think of.
2014 Zero S ZF8.5
Pages: [1]