• April 26, 2024, 01:55:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: downloading logs  (Read 532 times)

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
downloading logs
« on: August 03, 2019, 04:31:38 AM »

Having lost two iphones in the last month, I now have a pixel 3a. I got it paired to my Zero SR and tried D/L the logs ("email bike logs").  As soon as the D/L reached 100% the app closed -- I was back on my home screen. I tried this twice. Any help/advice?
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

staples

• View Profile
Re: downloading logs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 09:06:23 PM »

I've asked Zero support about this along with another problem I was facing. They answered the other question and ignored my app problem.

I've not debugged it further, but my speculation is that the app is crashing (possibly due to some permissions issue) as it tries to pass the file to the mail application on your phone. The files are still downloaded to your phone and can be pulled from the stoarge. They will be on your phone in /sdcard/Android/data/com.ZeroMotorcycles/files named with the VIN, system (MBB or BMS0), and the date.

One option if you are a bit of a geek is to use adb to pull them to your computer, then email to Zero or extract them yourself with something like https://github.com/zero-motorcycle-community/zero-log-parser.

The other option is to use the "Files" application and browse to the files you want to share via email. There is a Phone icon with the name of your phone (maybe Pixel 3a) in the left side bar. Click that, then "Android", "data", "com.ZeroMotorcycles", "files". That should take you to the .bin files.

GeneralSP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 08:58:09 PM »

Guys, for me, when I downloading the log, when the application reach 67%, always stop and the Zero LCD screen begin flashing. The app never reach 100%, this is normal?

And when I use the new app Android ZeroSpy, you can download log, but is not the same information inside like the Zero app.. weird!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:05:15 PM by GeneralSP »

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 09:29:02 PM »

The other option is to use the "Files" application and browse to the files you want to share via email. There is a Phone icon with the name of your phone (maybe Pixel 3a) in the left side bar. Click that, then "Android", "data", "com.ZeroMotorcycles", "files". That should take you to the .bin files.
I found the files; many thanks!
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 12:40:47 PM »

Guys, for me, when I downloading the log, when the application reach 67%, always stop and the Zero LCD screen begin flashing. The app never reach 100%, this is normal?...
One third is MBB, Second third is BMS0 (monolith), last third is BMS1 (powertank). Normal for it to fail downloading logs for a powertank that does not exist.

ashnazg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 09:27:51 PM »

Normal for it to fail downloading logs for a powertank that does not exist.

**That's** why I can't get the app to go past 65% when trying to email the logs?  Sheee*eee*eeesh  >:(
2015 Zero SR
2015 Zero FX (previous bike)
2011 Zero XU (previous bike)
Pages: [1]