• April 24, 2024, 08:57:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SR/F Bike Locator Feature  (Read 1055 times)

noyesknifer

• View Profile
SR/F Bike Locator Feature
« on: July 29, 2019, 09:35:03 PM »

I know you can find your SR/F using the Zero app's remote connect feature.  It will show you on a google map where your bike is.  One thing I was wondering though is if this updates while the bike was off.  Could you use it to find it in case it gets stolen?
2020 Zero SR/F Standard (sold)
2019 Yamaha Niken
2021 Triumph Rocket 3R

gadgetgirl

• View Profile
Re: SR/F Bike Locator Feature
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 12:03:47 AM »

I know you can find your SR/F using the Zero app's remote connect feature.  It will show you on a google map where your bike is.  One thing I was wondering though is if this updates while the bike was off.  Could you use it to find it in case it gets stolen?

Yes, this updates when the bike is unplugged, and the ignition is off. It should work while there is charge, and no one has disconnected the battery from the onboard computer.
Current: 2020 SR/F Premium Seabright Blue (J1772)
Former: 2011 VRSCDX Sedona Orange

flattetyre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 01:08:33 AM »

That will work great until your bike is put into the back of a van and can't get a signal. Also, bike thieves know about gps (et al) jammers. Tracking is not an adequate solution to addressing bike theft and worst of all it's only viable after the bike has already been taken so even if it's recovered the thieves have probably spent some time ruining it.

VampyreLegion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 08:22:48 PM »

From Zero website .... overall amazing!

The SR/F is the first fully “smart” motorcycle thanks to the Cypher III operating system. It is also the first commercially available connected motorcycle on the market. Connectivity gives the rider the ability to monitor the bike in four main areas: Bike Status and Alerts, Charging, Ride Data Sharing, and System Upgrades and Updates.

Bike Status and Alerts: The SR/F alerts riders regarding bike status, including interruptions in charging and tip-over or unexpected motion notifications. In addition, the “Find my Bike” function allows riders to keep tabs on the motorcycle at all times.

Charging: The SR/F takes the convenience of recharging to new levels with the ability to remotely set charging parameters, including Targeted Charge Levels, notification of State of Charge (SoC), Charge Time Scheduling and Charge Tracking.

These notifications allow riders to control all aspects of charging and to monitor charge status even when away from the motorcycle.

Ride Data Sharing: Riders can gather, relive and share extensive data about their ride through the app. An industry first, the motorcycle records bike location, speed, lean angle, power, torque, SoC and energy used/regenerated.

Riders can replay each ride and also choose to upload additional content to record and
share their full experience. Riders also have the option to keep data anonymous.

System Upgrades and Updates: New updates and diagnostic capabilities allow the rider to remotely download the latest Cypher III operating system release to ensure optimal performance and provide access to feature improvements.

All the benefits of connectivity are offered free-of-charge for the first two years with the purchase of a new SR/F.

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 09:43:10 PM »

My SRF might be “smart” but it doesn’t help me much when I can’t get a good signal.  I find the cellular connection on my bike very week.  At my house, nothing.  I found I had to drive around a find a parking lot that had a good signal just to get the last firmware update.  (Good thing the parking lot serves a bar so I can have a refreshment while waiting for it to update).  Now I live in the suburbs, not in the country so the signal should not be this bad.  I am not sure what cellular service they are using but whatever it is, it is not any good for me.  So I need to hope that if someone steals my bike they only drive in well populated areas so I could find them.  I really hope they build the firmware update feature into the app for bluetooth updating or my bar tab may grow.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

VampyreLegion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 10:10:42 PM »

No cell issues in my area.  My firmware update downloaded without issues inside my garage. 

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 11:14:40 PM »

GaryArt1, I think you should have your unit checked at the dealer for a possible cellular receiver malfunction.
It sounds as if your bike has a "less sensitive" receiver than most of us.
I have tested mine in multiple locations around town and inside my garage several times and it never has given me any issues.

It is possible the receiver has an antenna wire that is not placed properly or something of that nature.
Your dealer should be able to replace the whole unit if it is an internal problem as I am sure they will have no expertise to open it and troubleshoot at the component level.
And this should be fully covered by the warranty.
2020 Zero SR/F
Pages: [1]