• April 23, 2024, 03:20:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SRF Bar riser  (Read 1841 times)

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
SRF Bar riser
« on: July 25, 2019, 12:34:21 AM »

So I copied my ZOFG post over to here in case anyone on here is interested . There are photos on the original facebook post (but they are too large for here.
So yesterday I installed some bar risers on my SR/F. I wanted risers mainly to take a little pressure off my wrists. I knew I didn't need much. So I got the Rox 1 1/2" risers that offsets the bar an inch back. I did this because i didn't want the bar to block the dash and wanted it a little bar toward the seat. I really like the way it came out. It just gives enough rise that allows me to sit the way I want and my arms bend a little taking pressure off my wrists and shoulders. Now if you are looking for a totally upright seating position, this is not for you. It is a subtle change but it works for me. The best thing is that other than clipping some zip ties and loosening up the cables/wiring, it worked without any modifications. I just did that, removed the bar, installed the risers with original bolts (with locktight being they are hard to get to after install) and carefully lifted bar unto risers and attached using new bolts and old clamp (I like the look of the old clamp). the wires are taught when the bar swings end to end but not too tight. Gave it a good ride this morning and it worked great. I would highly suggest this mod for anyone who wants a little rise in the bar.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
Re: SRF Bar riser
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 07:36:31 AM »

That’s just about all I would need on the SR/F. Do you notice any change in steering dynamics?
2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 08:16:38 AM »

That’s just about all I would need on the SR/F. Do you notice any change in steering dynamics?
Just took a long ride.  Steering was as responsive as it was before.  Maybe a little more being the bar is closer to you and all my weight is not on it.  As I said, not a huge difference in location but it feels so much better.
Currently own: 

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 10:16:20 AM »

Thanks for the response.  I test rode an SR/F and the riding position felt just a little more aggressive than my SR. I think your risers would do the trick. I really like my SR but the new electronic safety features are welcome additions. I know the debate rages over the need for traction control but I am not proud. I am a cautious and experienced rider and I  have only spun up the rear tire one time when I first got the bike. I must have hit something slick accelerating away from a stop and I nearly went down. All it takes is once. I’ll take the electronic nannies every time.
2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 04:29:32 PM »

Thanks for the response.  I test rode an SR/F and the riding position felt just a little more aggressive than my SR. I think your risers would do the trick. I really like my SR but the new electronic safety features are welcome additions. I know the debate rages over the need for traction control but I am not proud. I am a cautious and experienced rider and I  have only spun up the rear tire one time when I first got the bike. I must have hit something slick accelerating away from a stop and I nearly went down. All it takes is once. I’ll take the electronic nannies every time.

Same here with the protection provided by the latest electronics.
If you are a Pro and do regular and precise training to be the best at riding, these features are of lesser or no value, but for the rest of us that only ride occasionally, (or don't want to take it to the next level) it would be foolish not to take advantage of them: They can indeed make a big difference and keep you out of trouble.
This is one of the reasons I entered the EV realm with the SR/F.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 07:02:26 PM by NetPro »
2020 Zero SR/F

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 04:31:54 AM »

Can you provide a link to the ZOMG post? Thanks.

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 07:19:33 AM »

Can you provide a link to the ZOMG post? Thanks.
I hope this works.  Here it is:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/zmcowners/permalink/2295970777138784/
Currently own: 

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 03:35:44 AM »

So I copied my ZOFG post over to here in case anyone on here is interested . There are photos on the original facebook post (but they are too large for here.
So yesterday I installed some bar risers on my SR/F. I wanted risers mainly to take a little pressure off my wrists. I knew I didn't need much. So I got the Rox 1 1/2" risers that offsets the bar an inch back. I did this because i didn't want the bar to block the dash and wanted it a little bar toward the seat. I really like the way it came out. It just gives enough rise that allows me to sit the way I want and my arms bend a little taking pressure off my wrists and shoulders. Now if you are looking for a totally upright seating position, this is not for you. It is a subtle change but it works for me. The best thing is that other than clipping some zip ties and loosening up the cables/wiring, it worked without any modifications. I just did that, removed the bar, installed the risers with original bolts (with locktight being they are hard to get to after install) and carefully lifted bar unto risers and attached using new bolts and old clamp (I like the look of the old clamp). the wires are taught when the bar swings end to end but not too tight. Gave it a good ride this morning and it worked great. I would highly suggest this mod for anyone who wants a little rise in the bar.

I installed the same riser tonight.  I'll take my first long ride on it in the morning and will report on the status.  I was not able to get the old bracket on and had to use the ones that came with the Rox riser, did you have to do any drilling on the old bracket to get it to fit?  I took a quick trip around the block and it felt OK.  We'll see on the 50 mile commute in the morning!  Thanks for the post/pointer...

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 06:14:36 AM »

I didn't adjust the stock clamp at all.  Now I am not sure if I used the stock bolts for the clamp or the ones that came with the risers but they just worked.  They are the same thread.  BTW the more I rode the more I liked the risers.  At the beginning I wondered if they were enough of an adjustment.  The more I rode, the more I realized they were fine.
Currently own: 

cutedrake

• View Profile
    • My personal website
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 05:05:48 PM »

Do you think this model would fit the SR/F as the Rox 1 1/2? This can be found in Europe more easily than the Rox:
https://sw-motech.com/en/products/ergonomics/handlebar/bar+back/4052572041017.htm
Happy owner of a Zero SR/F

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 05:26:19 PM »

I didn't adjust the stock clamp at all.  Now I am not sure if I used the stock bolts for the clamp or the ones that came with the risers but they just worked.  They are the same thread.  BTW the more I rode the more I liked the risers.  At the beginning I wondered if they were enough of an adjustment.  The more I rode, the more I realized they were fine.

Worked great this morning.  I think I see the problem with the stock bracket thought, I think I got the left/right brackets wrong (I did not realize thy were slightly different)!  I can see they don't line up perfectly at the bottom.  I'll swap them when I get home and see if the stock bracket will fit, but the new bar position seemed good (no stress on my arms/hands).

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2019, 09:55:27 PM »

Do you think this model would fit the SR/F as the Rox 1 1/2? This can be found in Europe more easily than the Rox:
https://sw-motech.com/en/products/ergonomics/handlebar/bar+back/4052572041017.htm

Yes, these fit perfect. I just installed these exact risers this morning on the SR/F. You can even re-use the stock top clamp.
You do have to cut 2 ty-raps of the cables which are a bit of a pain to get to but by turning the handlebar all the way to one side you can just reach them with a small cutter.

Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2019, 10:20:09 PM »

Worked great this morning.  I think I see the problem with the stock bracket thought, I think I got the left/right brackets wrong (I did not realize thy were slightly different)!  I can see they don't line up perfectly at the bottom.  I'll swap them when I get home and see if the stock bracket will fit, but the new bar position seemed good (no stress on my arms/hands).

Steve
I am glad it worked out for you.  I did the same thing myself the first time.  They look the same but after I put them on I realized I had them reversed.  Glad I use non-permanent lock-tite.  I always said if I started a construction company I would have to name it deja vu constructiion because I usually end of doing everything twice.  First time is practice, second time I get it right. 
Currently own: 

cutedrake

• View Profile
    • My personal website
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 02:45:10 AM »

Thanks a lot for the information remmie!
So you can confirm that all the cables and other stuff are long enough and you don't have to change any of them?
Happy owner of a Zero SR/F

remmie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 05:17:55 AM »

Yep, for 99,9 % ;) i havent been able to take a ride yet but in the garage the handlebars can turn fully from left to right without issues. Tomorrow I’ll take it for a test ride and come back with comments
Current : Red Premium Zero SR/F (ordered May 25, delivered August 23 2019) with Rapid charger for 12kW charging
Former : White Zero SR 2018 ZF14.4 kWh (17.500 km)
Former : Black Zero SR 2014 ZF11.4 kWh (25.000 km)
SR's outfitted with Homemade "Supercharger" 6x eltek Flatpack S (12 kW)
Pages: [1] 2