• April 25, 2024, 08:08:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: where to buy the cap for the protection of the socket  (Read 313 times)

Edipo76

• View Profile
where to buy the cap for the protection of the socket
« on: July 22, 2019, 11:38:45 PM »

I took the bike to the mechanic, who in turn gave it to the car wash worker who washed it. When I picked up the bike there was no longer the cap that closes the socket of the slow recharge ac, the one that is attached with a cable so as not to lose it (which is torn). do you know where I can buy someone to spare, cap with cable or even just the cap and then the cable I can do it? Thanks

giacomo

• View Profile

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: where to buy the cap for the protection of the socket
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 02:13:25 AM »

While you're waiting for delivery of the replacement cap, you might want to fill that area with dielectric grease to protect the metal in the meantime...
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 04:47:27 AM »

While you're waiting for delivery of the replacement cap, you might want to fill that area with dielectric grease to protect the metal in the meantime...
Grease attracts dirt. Keep that thing clean and dry, and replace it once in awhile when you suspect any heat deformation.

You could check a thrift shop for an extra cable and just cut it to length as a "plug", while you wait. I bet you could 3d-print one in flex material that would do a good enough job of it too.

Some similar kind of thing (but not exactly) is the Heyco G5365 (octopart) Heyco Cable Mounting & Accessories IECP C14 BLACK.

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 04:59:12 AM »

Grease attracts dirt. Keep that thing clean and dry, and replace it once in awhile when you suspect any heat deformation.

You could check a thrift shop for an extra cable and just cut it to length as a "plug", while you wait. I bet you could 3d-print one in flex material that would do a good enough job of it too.

Some similar kind of thing (but not exactly) is the Heyco G5365 (octopart) Heyco Cable Mounting & Accessories IECP C14 BLACK.

Great idea!
Pages: [1]