• April 24, 2024, 03:06:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SRF gate tag locations  (Read 311 times)

SRFbiker

• View Profile
SRF gate tag locations
« on: July 20, 2019, 12:12:55 AM »

I live in a community that requires a tag for gate access, on cars you put it on the left windshield or right in the middle. To get through the gate i have just been pulling the tag out of my pocket and waving it. It works but its as hassle and then Im stuck with it in my hand until I can pull over. Is there any discrete solutions you guys have had success with?

I cant be the only one that has to get past a gate. I dont want slap a big white tag right in the middle of the black fly screen. I was thinking of one the forks.

BigPoppa

• View Profile
Re: SRF gate tag locations
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 12:47:03 AM »

I don't have the exact same issue but I'm kind of surprised it doesn't just work sitting in your pocket.

Here in the SF Bay Area we have FasTrak which is also usually mounted on the windshield in cars. I've been using it my jacket pocket and only had a few occasions where toll readers didn't pick it up.

At work we have to use our ID badges to gain access to the underground garage where all the EV chargers are. In that case, my ID is on a neck lanyard with a retractable cord so I pull up to the reader, unzip my jacket a bit, wave my ID over the reader and let it hang outside my jacket.

Maybe you can find some kind of lanyard to carry your tag? That would be the best thing I could think of if the gate reader isn't detecting it in your pocket.
2023 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

SRFbiker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 12:53:35 AM »

That is actually a genius idea. I will it will read through a lanyard. I really dont want to put stickers all over my beautiful bike lol. I would even put the tag on my helmet except im not guaranteed to have the same helmet every time

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 01:21:15 AM »

+1 company ID for garage access.
+1 for retractable cord.

Mine is hooked to my belt and the badge flaps around in the wind as I ride.  I put the badge in my back pocket for the ride, pull it out to activate the card reader to get in the garage then let it retract and hang while I park.

Funny thing happened at the garage today.  The spring on the large garage door failed and the maintenance guy had to lock the door open.  He leaves at 2 so he asked everyone to move their cars to the outside lot.  I was in a meeting so I did not get the notification.
I just rode through the human door to get out.  :-D
Pages: [1]