• April 24, 2024, 01:56:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cycle World reviews the SR/F  (Read 670 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Cycle World reviews the SR/F
« on: July 05, 2019, 07:41:30 PM »

Their findings probably won't surprise anyone here, but those not familiar with eBikes will find it interesting I'm sure.

https://www.cycleworld.com/2020-zero-sr-f-electric-motorcycle-first-ride/
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Jarrett

• View Profile
Re: Cycle World reviews the SR/F
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 09:12:19 PM »

"We were also wowed by the Zero’s acceleration (it pulled 0 to 60 mph in 1.57 seconds in Sport Mode)"

This doesn't sound right.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 10:07:25 PM »

"We were also wowed by the Zero’s acceleration (it pulled 0 to 60 mph in 1.57 seconds in Sport Mode)"

This doesn't sound right.

It was on the dyno still so no air resistance or weight to move, just a wheel on a wheel.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 06:30:24 AM »

Anyone else bemused by the comparison to two other bikes that aren't out yet? Author drops specs on bikes that aren't out, and then casually mentions Energica's Esse Esse 9 with no specs and gets the price wrong. No wonder more people don't know they exist.

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 07:07:17 AM »

Anyone else bemused by the comparison to two other bikes that aren't out yet? Author drops specs on bikes that aren't out, and then casually mentions Energica's Esse Esse 9 with no specs and gets the price wrong. No wonder more people don't know they exist.
Actually I thought this author is better than most if not all in that they stated they were curious about what Lightning really was.  Upon further investigation the Eva esse 9 is a sticker price the others are just prices.  On my pick up truck there was a line for advertising and a line for shipping between the msrp and sticker price.  tax and title are not on the sticker, not sure about the set up.  Not sure I know exactly bemused means but I can guess.  Pretty well numb to published numbers if they are not out the door minus sales tax and registration if the dealership takes care of those things.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 08:27:16 AM »

The way it read felt like, "We'll see how it stacks up against LiveWire with X, Y, an Z features or the Lightning Strike Carbon with A, B, and C features or there's an Italian bike that costs a lot."

I was like, "wait hol' up a sec"
Pages: [1]