• April 24, 2024, 07:53:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to ship a Zero Motorcycle to Hong Kong  (Read 808 times)

RJMH1402

• View Profile
How to ship a Zero Motorcycle to Hong Kong
« on: July 03, 2019, 08:24:10 AM »

Hey guys, my name is Roman and I'm new to this forum, I was wondering if you could help me with an issue that I've had for a long time.
The main problem is that the ZM dealer in Hong Kong isn't selling bikes to particulars, only to companies and with several units. I've tried several things and so far the only way that seems viable is to buy the motorcycle with a dealer on Jakarta, Indonesia, I already went there to test the bike by myself and they told me that a shipping to Hong Kong was possible with an external shipping company, which I already found, now the main problem is that I need a document called " Material Data Safety Sheet ", which is related to the big battery the product carries. I try to contact the ZM manufacturer in California to see if they could provide me this document but I got no answer from them. Can you please give me any ideas on how to fix this? The main problem in this case I believe is to get the Material Data Safety Sheet document.
Thanks in advance.

RJMH1402

• View Profile
Re: How to ship a Zero Motorcycle to Hong Kong
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 08:32:18 AM »

I forgot to mention that the model I decided for in Jakarta is a Zero DS from 2015

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 09:31:12 AM »

What you are looking for is called here in the U.S., MSDS, acronym for Material Safety Data Sheet (recently it has changed to just Safety Data Sheet: SDS)
Since you are interested in the 2015 DS model, I BELIEVE the attached SDS is the right one for that battery technology:

"The chemistry used is Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt: LiNiMnCoO2 (NMC) - Also know as NCM, CMN, CNM, MNC and MCN".

The above quote came from this forum, in a thread started in January 2015: http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=4280.50

I then Googled "LiNiMnCoO2 msds" and the attached PDF came up.
You can also write to Zero and explain to them what you need and they might provide it to you. My searches on the Zero Web site for the SDS were unsuccessful.

General inquiry: inquiries@zeromotorcycles.com
    Support: support@zeromotorcycles.com

If Zero does not respond, since the battery cells are made by Farasis (farasis.com), you can email them at: support@farasis.com  and see if they can provide you the SDS.
Hopefully, the shipper will be satisfied with the one I found but just to be on the safe side, contact Zero and have them get you the official one.

Good luck importing your bike and have fun with it!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:02:38 PM by NetPro »
2020 Zero SR/F

Israel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 05:02:18 AM »

That is NOT the correct file. There are hundreds of NMC "chemistries". Do not trust Zero packaging or labeling if getting a crated bike from the factory. Our experience has been horrendous and the likely subject of an OSHA investigation. You are liable to be hit with a massive fine if you cut corners or do this wrong. Buy an EVOKE, manufactured locally to a higher safety standard.

NetPro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 09:38:23 AM »

That is NOT the correct file. There are hundreds of NMC "chemistries". Do not trust Zero packaging or labeling if getting a crated bike from the factory. Our experience has been horrendous and the likely subject of an OSHA investigation. You are liable to be hit with a massive fine if you cut corners or do this wrong. Buy an EVOKE, manufactured locally to a higher safety standard.

OSHA in Indonesia or Hong Kong?
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is an agency of the United States Department of Labor.
They cannot enforce any thing or impose fines in those countries.
The local authorities there sure can so, the OP should investigate if a SDS of a very similar product can be used for shipping the motorcycle.

For all we know they may say OK. Especially, with a "little something" for the clerk processing the papers, if it gets to that point.
Interesting that hundreds of SDS for the different types of NMC batteries did not come up when searching for them but only a few did.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 09:42:12 AM by NetPro »
2020 Zero SR/F
Pages: [1]