• March 28, 2024, 08:52:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Demo ride scheduled! Was - Demo bike but no demo rides  (Read 996 times)

vinceherman

• View Profile
Demo ride scheduled! Was - Demo bike but no demo rides
« on: June 02, 2019, 03:21:21 AM »

I pre-ordered my SR/F the first day after the announcement.
I have been patiently waiting like the rest of you.  Excited for the new toy!

I knew that my dealer had received the demo bike because I saw the uncrating video.  Yay!  I see a demo ride in my future!

Today, I went in to the dealer.  I see the SR/F sitting there all pretty and even in my color.

Sorry sir, this bike is not available for demo rides.  You should have received an email on when Zero is coming in for a demo day with their demo bike.
I was quite taken aback by that. 

I see no email from the dealership or from zero on when there will be a dealer day in Cleveland.  Did any of you receive information on dealer days where you can ride a demo bike?
Is it normal to have a demo bike but not allow demo rides?

Edit: some good news on this.  I called the dealership to ask about the dealer day and not getting an email.  Apparently I entered my address wrong on the zero site at some point.  The dealership is correcting my address and sending me a link to the signup.

Edit 2: my demo ride has been scheduled.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 02:48:15 AM by vinceherman »

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Demo bike but no demo rides
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 03:43:28 AM »

If that is the dealer I'm thinking of from all the videos, he must be just saving the bike for him and his staff to ride around.  I can't say 100% for the SR/F but my dealer had 3 types of bikes.  Ones that were never ridden on and for sale, ones that were older demos that you can test ride and buy and newer demos you could test ride but not buy.  Only the first type you weren't able to test ride.   I guess your dealer has come up with a forth type.  A bike you can't buy, nor can you test ride but you CAN stare at it.  It sounds a little ridiculous to me but maybe there is a reason I do not know about.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 04:05:42 AM »

Perhaps the SR/F models that have been sent to dealers have bugs in them that need to be fixed before they are safe to ride?  I would say this is the case if other dealers are also not letting their customers test ride their demonstrators.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 09:27:24 AM »

I edited the original post, but to maintain continuity of the thread, I am posting as a reply also.
Edit: some good news on this.  I called the dealership to ask about the dealer day and not getting an email.  Apparently I entered my address wrong on the zero site at some point.  The dealership is correcting my address and sending me a link to the signup.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 08:07:08 PM »

I see you got that cleared up but if they said no demo rides then I'd say put it in the truck since it's just for sale.

TireFryer426

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 08:39:54 PM »

My dealer offered to let me ride their demo.  Didn't even have to ask.  I just showed up to look at it.  Wanted to see it in person.
I didn't have time, but I went back last week and rode it. 
Thats really weird they won't let anyone ride their demo.  Maybe they are keeping miles off it to sell it?

Jarrett

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 10:20:31 PM »

I wish my dealer wouldn't have let me test ride them, as I would have never purchased my first Zero without a test ride. 

But once you ride one, its all over.

I could have saved so much money!

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 11:52:09 PM »

I wish my dealer wouldn't have let me test ride them, as I would have never purchased my first Zero without a test ride. 

But once you ride one, its all over.

You know it is very true what they say about electric bikes, you need to ride one to appreciate it. I had a curiousity about them for years but it wasn’t until I test rode a few models one day, that I knew I had to have one.  It will be interesting to see once my SR/F finally arrives if I use my ICE bike that I currently love riding for anything but the longer trips.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 06:14:49 AM »

My dealer offered to let me ride their demo.  Didn't even have to ask.  I just showed up to look at it.  Wanted to see it in person.
I didn't have time, but I went back last week and rode it. 
Thats really weird they won't let anyone ride their demo.  Maybe they are keeping miles off it to sell it?
Exactly my experience at San Jose BMW.  They offered a ride, but I was on a short time schedule so took a rain check. (But if it rains, I won't ride the demo ;)
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »

I like motorcycles in my garages a lot more than money in my bank.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 07:47:56 PM »

I like motorcycles in my garages a lot more than money in my bank.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Especially at today's bank interest rates. ::) I received my bank statement the other day for my interest-bearing checking account and the bank's interest rate was only 0.03%.  Now that is a really low number.   >:(  You need to spend your money as fast as possible in order to keep up with the cost of living.  ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

vinceherman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 02:46:55 AM »

More good news.  I have a demo ride scheduled.  Hope I like it!

giacomo

• View Profile
Re: Demo ride scheduled! Was - Demo bike but no demo rides
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 02:54:41 AM »

Very Cool,

I have a spare cellphone and a Bluetooth switch. I will give it a try and I will let you know,

Thanks,
Giacomo

DonTom

• View Profile
Re: Demo ride scheduled! Was - Demo bike but no demo rides
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 07:39:59 AM »

In case anybody is interested, they have TWO SR/F's at Oak Grove Power Sports, one is for sale. Standard version (only 3KW charging), red in color. One is for sale, the other they have to keep as a demo.

I just now came back from there. Stopping here in Sac for dinner.

-Don-  Sacramento, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X