• April 25, 2024, 05:22:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Brief SR/F test ride video  (Read 612 times)

FuzzyTrace

• View Profile
Brief SR/F test ride video
« on: April 30, 2019, 10:45:00 PM »

With the current media ban it's hard do find any decent new sr/f footage...
This one is from an ICE motovlogger whose content is so-so but it's still interesting to see/hear a non-ev rider's perspective.
And besides, more sr/f sights & sounds never hurt anyone  ;D

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
Re: Brief SR/F test ride video
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 11:11:55 PM »

What was that key taped to the bottom of the storage box?

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 12:05:46 AM »

What's this media ban and how long is it going on for? It feels like a long time since the bike was unveiled but there is a dearth of reviews.

Biff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 02:31:57 AM »

What was that key taped to the bottom of the storage box?
The black key is the spare key, the yellow key is used to program the immobilizer with a new key (or to re-register the keys it came with)

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 06:12:32 PM »

What's this media ban and how long is it going on for? It feels like a long time since the bike was unveiled but there is a dearth of reviews.
First I am not sure anyone knows there is a definite media embargo, it is just rumors they heard and it makes sense.   Marketing is all about timing.  I am guessing (and it is just my opinion) Zero wants to time the flood of ride reviews when they actually have demo bikes in the showrooms.  Kind of makes sense.  You had the initial media hype at the reveal to get people interested.  Then a quiet period where they are catching up getting demos and preorders filled.  What they must not want is the reviews to come out and get people excited calling the dealerships only to find they have no demo and there is a backlog of orders.  Many, at least in the US, walk into motorcycles dealers and buy a bike off the floor.  It is one thing for a Zero dealership to say they can order one and it will be a couple weeks.  Another thing to say it will be a couple months.  So I am guessing they want to time the excitement as much as possible.

So when is it going to be lifted?  I think most of us felt by now it would be lifted but it seems Zero is falling behind schedule.  Many dealerships do not have their demos yet which was planned for mid April (at least the info out there leads us to believe).  Initially preorders were supposed to be fulfilled in late April/early May (what we were initially told).  Now we are hearing preorders will be delivered “hopefully” sometime in May.  I am guessing we will see the embargo lifted in the next couple weeks when they have the demos out and are catching up on the preorders.  That is of course they don’t fall even further behind.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 07:33:02 PM »

Zero sent me (and likely everybody) an email stating that they are shipping the SRFs.  So they should start showing up in a week or two.

As for an embargo, well maybe for the reasons mentioned of don't over hype it when people can't go buy it yet.  I posted already that I saw some British guys testing a few pre production bikes with some range and charging bugs.  It will have been worth the wait to get those ironed out.  Maybe they wanted a big "public" reveal at Pike's Peak but that's not till the end of June.

Until then enjoy feeling like a kid again waiting for Christmas morning.  :)

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 07:59:17 PM »

My BMW dealer's sales manager complains to me that many of their customers nowadays, insist on buying a motorcycle the same day that they see it and are not willing to wait.  He has told me that he has lost a number of sales when someone wanted a GS (as an example) and when told that they could order one and have it in a week, they just walked out the door and said they would try another dealer.  On the other hand, I have always been willing to wait for months for a new motorcycle to arrive as long as it would be exactly what I wanted.  But then I am definitely not of the "instant gratification", "got-to-have-it-right-now" generation.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 09:06:39 PM »

Zero sent me (and likely everybody) an email stating that they are shipping the SRFs.  So they should start showing up in a week or two.

As for an embargo, well maybe for the reasons mentioned of don't over hype it when people can't go buy it yet.  I posted already that I saw some British guys testing a few pre production bikes with some range and charging bugs.  It will have been worth the wait to get those ironed out.  Maybe they wanted a big "public" reveal at Pike's Peak but that's not till the end of June.

Until then enjoy feeling like a kid again waiting for Christmas morning.  :)
I got excited when I got that email.  Then I realized they are not speaking of our bikes, they are talking shipping demos to dealers.  I was hoping at least that they had all of their bikes ready to ship then and they were going to start on the preorders.  Then again hearing that a lot of the dealers near me still do not have their demos yet, I guess Zero meant they are “starting” to ship but are still behind. 

I like the Christmas metaphor and I do not mind the excitement of the wait.  The problem is Santa is not telling us if he is coming on December 25 or Valentine’s Day this year and it’s killing me.  If i would know my bike will be delivered the last week in May, I can deal with it.  But as we are getting into really nice riding weather, it is hard dealing with “hopeful” month long delivery windows.  I also heard one person say his dealer told him “hopefully” May but it could be June.  And he was one of the first preorders.  I am guessing this is what happens when you have a small time manufacturer that has a hit, they just can’t keep up with demand.  I hate to see what happens when the test rides start going strong and the orders start flowing in.
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
Pages: [1]