• March 29, 2024, 05:37:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Survey says...  (Read 991 times)

droidish

• View Profile
Survey says...
« on: April 11, 2019, 07:58:59 AM »

I just completed an email survey from Zero. It was pretty brief, and multiple choice, so not particularly precise, but it’s a start!
Michael

'17 Zero SR
'03 Suzuki DR-Z400

heroto

• View Profile
Re: Survey says...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 08:18:55 AM »

Can you tell us more?
I ask in the context of just made my sixth or seventh visit to my local dealer with an ongoing warranty issue on a 15 month old S, and Zero takes weeks to respond after each visit. I like this moto a lot, and my local dealer is pretty cool, but Zero gets a zero.

droidish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 11:24:40 AM »

Roughly, it started with a request to rate ( very dissatisfied, somewhat dissatisfied, somewhat satisfied, satisfied, very satisfied) such things as performance, range, charge time, ergonomics, reliability etc. It asked how often I ride motorcycles, how I use my Zero, where I charge my Zero, where my Zero is kept overnight etc.

There was one about how I feel about the importance of EVs, possible responses ranged from massive environmental goodness down to I don't care.

As you probably know, a lot of these surveys are semi-interactive. Your responses to the questions on page one determine which page two opens when you click on the "next" button. My experience with my SR has been very positive, so in the first set almost everything got high marks. The only question about my dealer was its distance from my home.

Since you have had warranty repair issues heroto, it's possible this survey would be different for you. You might give reliability a low mark on page one, and then get questions about your satisfaction with your dealer's service department for example.
Michael

'17 Zero SR
'03 Suzuki DR-Z400

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 04:50:16 PM »

Thanks for posting this.  I had to search my inbox or I never would have noticed it.  Gmail created categories for me and put it in "promotions."

I had issues with a couple of questions.

What is the primary use of your Zero?

Commuting to work (weather dependent)
Running errands (most days)
Recreational (mostly over weekends)
Touring
Racing
Don't use it as much as I would like to

They force weather dependent on the commuting to work option.  I'm probably reading too much into it, but I take a bit of pride in being an all-weather commuter.

Also, the distance to dealer question had 5 multiple choice options, but the highest was 30+.  I think there's a good chunk of people who live more than 30 miles away from a dealer and there's a huge difference IMHO between being 35 miles away and 200 miles away from a dealer.

The survey doesn't appear to be interactive.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

BamBam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 07:56:10 PM »

Yep, I filled mine out last night.  I gave Zero pretty high marks since the only issue I've had with my 2017 DSR is a broken belt at 3,800 miles.  This was probably my fault because of the silicone spray I was using on it, but Zero covered the cost of the new belt and I installed it myself.

My dealer, Piston Society (AKA Electronic Art) in Cincinnati has been great to work with and is not that far away from me.
Currently Owned Bikes:
2017 Zero DSR Limited Edition (original owner, running)
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (original owner, red now black, running)
1997 Honda Valkyrie (original owner, first year in black, running)
1975 Kawasaki H2 750 (original owner, purple, not running)

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 08:13:30 PM »

They could have had a lot more questions such as dealer support, but I was glad to see the survey. I gave mostly positive remarks, but when it asked if I plan on buying another Zero in the future, i said NO and tried to give them a reason even though they didn't ask for one, but mainly lack of fairing and level 3 charging. I also chose Lightning and Kymco as other brands I'm considering.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 08:15:31 PM »

I did the same yesterday.  It certainly was a simple survey. Unfortunately there was no opportunity to leave any comments. Just a simple multiple-choice survey.  It probably was developed by a consultant working on a low budget and the results will be dropped on someone's desk with % responses for each category.  Sort of like the surveys that can be created on this forum.  It would be interesting to know what Zero will do with the responses in the way of making future plans.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 09:39:03 PM »

I see where they were trying to go with most of it but the big picture isn't as black and white as that survey makes some of the answers.

Would I consider another company: yes or no.  How about maybe.  If one comes out that is better and cheaper then yes but if not then no.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 02:59:22 AM »

Would I consider another company: yes or no.  How about maybe.  If one comes out that is better and cheaper then yes but if not then no.

That sounds like a "yes" to me. The question isn't would you buy from another company, it's whether you'd CONSIDER another company. Sounds like you would. Honestly, it seems hard to imagine why someone wouldn't CONSIDER any company, if their product is right and the price is right.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

domingo3

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 04:21:17 AM »

That sounds like a "yes" to me. The question isn't would you buy from another company, it's whether you'd CONSIDER another company. Sounds like you would. Honestly, it seems hard to imagine why someone wouldn't CONSIDER any company, if their product is right and the price is right.

The exact question is "Are you considering purchasing another motorcycle brand?"

My answer is "no".  I also answered no to "Do you plan to purchase another Zero?"

I have a 2018 and I plan to hold on to it for several years, so I am not considering or planning any purchase.  It doesn't mean I don't like my Zero or that I won't consider other brands when I'm ready to make my next purchase.

I'm very literal in reading the questions.  Not sure how valuble the survey results are going to be if we don't even agree what the meaning of our answers are.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 04:53:58 AM »

Quote:
 "Do you plan to purchase another Zero?"
Quote:

I also answered no to that question, because unless they come out with a sport touring model with a decent plastics with taller windscreen and of course level 3 charging, i wont be buying another Zero. I love my current 2017 dsr, but imo, it's not great on the highway at 80mph. It's great for running errands and short commutes. Ill easily put 6-7 thousand miles a year just doing that because its so much fun.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 06:25:01 AM »

The exact question is "Are you considering purchasing another motorcycle brand?"

My answer is "no".  I also answered no to "Do you plan to purchase another Zero?"

I have a 2018 and I plan to hold on to it for several years, so I am not considering or planning any purchase.  It doesn't mean I don't like my Zero or that I won't consider other brands when I'm ready to make my next purchase.

I'm very literal in reading the questions.  Not sure how valuble the survey results are going to be if we don't even agree what the meaning of our answers are.

I answered the same way and for the same reasons.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 08:14:11 PM »

Well at this time I'm not.  Harley is way too much money for what you get, I don't like the Lipo batteries in Energica, and getting info on Lightning is like catching lightning in a bottle.
So right now I want Zero to know they are on the right track but also don't rest on their laurels.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2019, 04:08:22 AM »

Thinking about the Zero survey today, it occurred to me that Zero really should be sending a survey to motorcycle riders who do not own an electric motorcycle to see what new customers who currently ride ICE might want in an electric motorcycle.  Asking current Zero owners is not going to help them design a new vehicle that would grow the EV market.

pacificcricket

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 09:49:40 AM »

Asking current Zero owners is not going to help them design a new vehicle that would grow the EV market.

Existing customer satisfaction reflects on the company's ability to grow customer base. If the existing customers are extremely happy with the products they own, then Zero may choose to invest into marketing instead of building a new generation platform. And vice versa.
Pages: [1] 2