• March 29, 2024, 01:32:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero SR/F will take on Pikes Peak this year  (Read 856 times)

ultratoad

• View Profile
Re: Zero SR/F will take on Pikes Peak this year
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:10:44 PM »

Very smart thing for Zero to do....  They need to get their name up in lights....  I've been riding for about 50 years and hadn't even heard of them until about a year ago....  Hope they take this venture very seriously....  Win a race on Sunday....  Sell bikes on Monday.... 

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 03:24:54 AM »

Very smart thing for Zero to do....  They need to get their name up in lights....  I've been riding for about 50 years and hadn't even heard of them until about a year ago....  Hope they take this venture very seriously....  Win a race on Sunday....  Sell bikes on Monday....

I agree. Look what it did for Lightning. It even got them on Jay Lenos tv show. I wonder if Zero has ever done it in the past. Does anyone know?

flattetyre

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 03:38:09 AM »

Marcel Irnie rode a modified FXS for Hollywood Electrics. You can find the videos on youtube. Zero themselves don't seem to give the slightest shit about racing.

heroto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 09:28:07 AM »

Until now.

David S

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 12:26:15 PM »

Don't know much about who is the most competitive in this event, Does anyone know if the SR'F is likely to win or has a good chance?

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 07:06:43 PM »

Don't know much about who is the most competitive in this event, Does anyone know if the SR'F is likely to win or has a good chance?

I like that they mentioned a BMW s1000rr will be competing. Normally aspirated ICE bikes will always be affected by the altitude where the electric bike wont, in fact the thinning atmosphere should help the Zero even more. IMO

Would love to see the lightning Strike compete too. And the Harley Livewire.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 07:14:26 PM by alko »

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 07:55:44 PM »

Well, Lightning won in 2013, and came fairly close to the all-time motorcycle record, but the LS-218 has more horsepower and torque than the SR/F does, to this day. But it's certainly not a bad sign for electrics.

We all know the electric cars are doing very well at Pike's Peak in recent years, including breaking the all-time record last year.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 08:26:09 PM »

It's nice to see them getting out on the big stage and letting the world see once again what electrics can do.  I expect a very good showing and it should beat most if not all gas bikes.  I don't think a street fighter can beat pure race bikes like Mugen uses but then again you can't go buy a Mugen and you CAN get a SRF very soon.

Good luck guys!

P.S.
If you want to take this opportunity to show a new FXSR that would be fine too.  I'll still act real surprised.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 08:31:43 PM by NEW2elec »

frodus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 09:30:37 PM »

Cool! I hope I see them there. I "might" be up there for some reason or another :)
Travis

syncsynchalt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 12:27:20 AM »

I just caught that the Zero rider (Cory West) got race number "0".  Well done to whoever submitted/approved that.

https://ppihc.org/wp-content/uploads/2019-PPIHC-Competitor-List.pdf

alko

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 02:31:34 AM »

Pikes peak hill climb starts in 8 days. Not sure which day the SR/F will compete.
Pages: [1]