• April 26, 2024, 09:35:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Any accessories for SR/F  (Read 587 times)

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
Any accessories for SR/F
« on: March 26, 2019, 06:37:56 PM »

Hey has anyone heard of any assessories that is or will soon be available for SR/F.  I saw a picture a while back that looked like it had some different size seats, handlebar (not sure what was different), top case and side bags.  I asked my dealer but he has not heard anything yet on what they will have and when it will be available.  Anybody have any more info?
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Any accessories for SR/F
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 07:40:18 PM »

All I saw was the picture from the SR/F European introduction that showed several accessories hanging on a wall in the background that were apparently being offered for the new model.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 07:49:11 PM »

All I saw was the picture from the SR/F European introduction that showed several accessories hanging on a wall in the background that were apparently being offered for the new model.
That must have been the same picture I saw.  Someone on here recognized they were Shad cases Zero was now using.  Other than that, I have not seen or heard anything.  I am hoping they will roll out a line of accessories when the bikes hit the shops in April.
Currently own: 

dvdt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 08:43:10 PM »

At a recent SRF intro night, I asked a factory rep regarding a couple of accessories I had wished for. For the specific cases of accessory conspicuity lighting and a center stand, those were said to be in the works for this year, though still months out.

GrantMeStrength

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 07:13:15 AM »

What accessories would you want?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 07:27:25 AM »

I noted the lack of centerstand to Zero engineers and didn’t hear anything about an accessory but I’d be glad to have one!

The swingarm does have threaded inserts for spools, so a rear stand will be easier to use just from the dealer.

(My garage floor is uneven on a hillside so center lift maintenance is actually touchy.)

I’m not sure how an OEM provided accessory lighting system would be different or better than third party, but it could be great of course if it’s just a matter of well designed bracketing and fitment.

The Shad luggage system mentions have been repeated at various demos and in press releases, so I think that’s certain. Shad is a good system with enough case options.

Maybe we’ll get better crash or drop guard supports this time around.

I will say that it’ll be easier to use magnetic or strap mounted tank bags on the new tank, by using the lid. It seems sturdy enough.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 08:00:17 AM »

What accessories would you want?
The two things I would definitely want early on is a rack/top case kit so I can carry things and a windshield.  The rack I would definitely buy from Zero, the top case most likely depending on quality of what is offered and the windshield most likely from a third party (something like Malsted or Calsci when they become available (unless Zero has something really great).  Like the idea of drop bars but never liked the look of their stock ones.  Probably will eventually also order spare drive belt.
Currently own: 

Curt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 09:46:48 AM »

Probably will eventually also order spare drive belt.

The belt on the SR/F is impressive, like twice as thick & twice as wide as what I have.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 04:06:12 AM »

Speaking of the Shad 23 liter luggage system, I recalled that I had a set of those in my accessory closet.  I bought them for my R12RS, which has a set of Shad luggage rails on the bike, which I use to carry their large bags when on camping trips.  Unfortunately, their lids open inward, toward the passenger's seat and the seat prevented the lids from opening enough to allow access.  So I have bolted them to the SW Moto quick detach luggage mounts that I use on my F650GS. On that bike they are located far enough away from the bike's seat so that they can be fully opened.

Attached are photos of the luggage, bolted to the SW Moto grid.  If you buy these cases, I recommend that you also purchase an inner liner so that you can remove your stuff in one yank, instead of fishing around for loose items.  I am currently using the plastic bags that the cases were packed in as liners.  I might add that the Shad 23 luggage cases were quite cheap. Not much more than a good set of soft luggage.  But they are definitely built to a price and their quality is not up to Givi standards in my opinion, although Shad's larger cases are superior to similar Givi cases.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]