• March 29, 2024, 02:16:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FX / FXS rear fender eliminator  (Read 1252 times)

NoMoreIdeas

• View Profile
FX / FXS rear fender eliminator
« on: February 22, 2019, 09:42:38 AM »

Before I even got my FX, the mod bug started. Heres one of the couple projects I have going on with this awesome bike.

The tail on the FX / FXS isnt bad compared to most OEM bike standards, but it had to go. The idea was to clean up the tail and not make it look like it was designed by the USA Department of Transportation. This uses factory mounting points, can use factory turn signals, encases the wires from the elements unlike stamped sheet metal designs and is based on the DRC tail which I liked alot on my DRZ. The DRC tail fits really well here, and the addition of the LED signals looks great and bright.

Final parts arrived tonight so I was super excited to get it mounted and take some pics. I still have a bit of work to do, mainly waiting on further connectors to mate with the factory wiring harness, a LED turn signal corrector, and further bracing the tail as thats what that huge, heavy bottom portion was made for.

Anyway I'm pretty excited and will keep you guys posted on updates as I figure out more!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 09:44:32 AM by NoMoreIdeas »

05RAVEN

• 21 Eva Ribelle/18 Zero FX
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
Re: FX / FXS rear fender eliminator
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 11:48:35 AM »

Looks good, nice work! I just hacked mine off and bolted the plate up at an angle, had some aftermarket turn signals from another bike I put on the the inner plastic piece under the tail so they wouldn't stick out too far incase of a tip over. I did dremel off quite a bit of the fins I guess you'd call them that run along the bottom. Did not like the stock look of the fender.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 11:56:56 AM by 05RAVEN »

NoMoreIdeas

• View Profile
Re: FX / FXS rear fender eliminator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 11:29:07 PM »

That looks nice, alot better than factory!
Pages: [1]