• March 28, 2024, 04:53:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: "Chassis Isolation" message in the logs : what does it mean, when should I worry  (Read 646 times)

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile

Hi,

I am getting "Chassis Isolation      99 KOhms to cell x" messages. Values are always 99-100 k. I dont get any warning, just a message in the logs.
Is it something I should worry about ? I think is happened after I washed the bike with water...
Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022

ashnazg

• View Profile

Got to be very careful when washing, as any water that sneaks up into the innards can make for screwy electronics mayhem...

Guide -- https://zeromanual.com/wiki/Usage#Washing

Maybe the fault you're seeing will clear up after the bike has had ample time to dry inside.
2015 Zero SR
2015 Zero FX (previous bike)
2011 Zero XU (previous bike)

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile

It does come and go. And stay high - so i suppose nothing really worrying...
Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site

Note that cell 0 connects to the negative bus line and cell 28 represents the positive bus line, which extend (while the contactor is shut) to the motor controller and charging circuits, and to the MBB and DC converter with the contactor open.

Cells in between having a low isolation warning would be a different issue, more likely to occur around the BMS on the front of the monolith case and might indicate insufficient sealing around the BMS ports. So you might take off the rubber plug to let it air out in a dry environment to test whether that helps, and also might check how well the plug still fits and apply some appropriate insulating grease around the opening to reduce the likelihood of a reoccurence.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube

Additionally, The battery negative is ALWAYS live, only B+ is switched by the contactor. This can have imortant meaning in a variety of testing scenarios.
Pages: [1]