• April 23, 2024, 07:08:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Stellar dealers you would recommend your best friends to buy a Zero from  (Read 824 times)

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile

We all know Zero have issues, and, especially in Europe, Zero's communication with the dealers can be really bad
So if you want a better life, you need a stellar dealer able to:
   - tell you the truth - there are problems, and customers are the victims not the responsible
   - handle the relation with Zero in an efficient way - not sleeping on problems and able to put the right pressure on Zero
   - fix small problems themselves - using adaptable part that save you a lot, fixing small problems
   - have reasonable per hour prices for the services part

So let's share the name of the heroes that help making our life better !

The one i would recommend in Paris is Bike Shop 81 bis Rue de Silly, 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt 
As an insurer I would recommend Mutuelle des Motards: when you are locked with a problem, these guy can send an expert to look at problems and sue the dealer and/or Zero.

Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022

Jarrett

• View Profile
Re: Stellar dealers you would recommend your best friends to buy a Zero from
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 08:10:21 PM »

Eurosport Cycle in Ft. Worth, Texas treated me well.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 08:49:30 PM »

I haven't had any problems with my Zero, but SFMoto in San Francisco seems very enthusiastic about the brand, displays them well, offers test rides, their shop appears to know what they are doing and some of the staff have been working on and selling Zeros since 2010.  My only real complaint is that they are located in San Francisco, meaning traffic can be tough getting there and parking is very tight in the area most of the time.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 09:00:59 PM »

Randy's Cycle Marengo Il

https://randyscycle.com/

hiposw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 01:21:41 AM »

I bought my 2015 DS new from Elk Grove Power Sports, Elk Grove, Ca. The salesman Jim was very easy to work with. I have taken it back to the shop  for a recall on the DC-DC converter and general servicing. They completed all work in a timely manner without hassle. I plan on getting a new Zero in the next year or so and will definitely go back.
2015 DS
2018 DSR

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 05:48:14 AM »

Harlan at Hollywood Electrics also helped me out several times. Great guy.

DonTom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 07:48:02 AM »

I bought my 2015 DS new from Elk Grove Power Sports, Elk Grove, Ca. The salesman Jim was very easy to work with. I have taken it back to the shop  for a recall on the DC-DC converter and general servicing. They completed all work in a timely manner without hassle. I plan on getting a new Zero in the next year or so and will definitely go back.
I purchased my 2017 SR /w Pwr Tank there. I think they know what they are doing because they work on Zeros quite often as they have government contracts which use Zeros in Nearby areas.

I have ridden my SR from here to there and back. Right at the half way point, there are several ChargePoints that I can charge up from. I bring a couple of quick chargers with me.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
2017 Blk/Gold HD Road Glide Ultra
2017 Org Zero DS ZF 6.5/(now is 7.2)
2017 Red Zero SR ZF13 w/ Pwr Tank
2020 Energica EVA SS9
2023 Energica Experia LE
2023 Zero DSR/X

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles

BamBam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 12:50:42 AM »

I would like to put a plug in for the shop that I bought two Zero's from in Cincinnati, OH.  They gave me a good deal each time and were very easy to work with.  I have not had to use them for any service work yet except for the 600 mile commissioning, which is a good thing.

Piston Society (a division of Electronic Art LLC)
214 E. Liberty Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
(513) 277-0300
pistonsociety.com
Currently Owned Bikes:
2017 Zero DSR Limited Edition (original owner, running)
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (original owner, red now black, running)
1997 Honda Valkyrie (original owner, first year in black, running)
1975 Kawasaki H2 750 (original owner, purple, not running)

buutvrij for life

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 03:04:21 PM »

In the Netherlands I would reccommend Motoport Amsterdam as a good dealer. On my 2015 DS I had the onboard charger knockin' on heavens door, and they fixed it in within 2 days at no costs. Zero HQ nearby probably helps a lot.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:06:08 PM by buutvrij for life »
pre-owned: Suzuki Intruder, Suzuki GSX-R750, Honda Fireblade '05, Honda Fireblade '09, Honda VFR1200F, Honda Fury 1300 CXA, Govecs Go! 1.2S, Zero DS 12.5, Honda NC750 X DCT, now Triumph Bonneville T120

Moto7575

• City rider
  • Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 04:13:28 PM »

I heard very bad things regarding the NL Zero HQ and their CEO Umberto Ucelli - one dealer told me that he was bullying them to make his short term sales number, and could not be less concerned regarding long term customer satisfaction.

In the Netherlands I would reccommend Motoport Amsterdam as a good dealer. On my 2015 DS I had the onboard charger knockin' on heavens door, and they fixed it in within 2 days at no costs. Zero HQ nearby probably helps a lot.
Zero XU2012-Zero S2013-Zero FXS2017-Zero SRF2022

PaladinDT

• I cook and I commute on my Zero S. In the rain.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 01:05:48 PM »

SF Moto again. Gear salesmen know their stuff, not a huge supply of stuff but w/e we just buy online anyways because who has the exact make and model of our gloves or whatever in our size?
Some of these people have been selling Zeros for as many years as they've been sold, this location is either the second- or third-closest dealer to Zero Headquarters. I had many, many questions about owning one of these things and they had nearly all the answers there were. Nearly. Also had a few floor models they sell for less.
Finance guys were killer. Stayed in touch, answered or returned my calls, replied to my emails, fought to find me a financier. Lenders don't know what the hell an electric motorcycle is so none of them want to get their feet wet but Zero found me one. Horrible jerks with worse customer service but a lender is a lender and my bank offered me a loan to buy them out at a lower rate so it all worked out.
What else... their shop repairs at a rate of $150/hr. I was there just yesterday and chatted with one of the dudes about the repair process. Scared the hell from me but since these bikes don't have a lot of moving parts repairs should be much more basic. Anyways they have guys that know how to repair these bikes and of course parts can be special ordered and installed properly.
These guys are motorcyclists, excellent salespeople and servicepeople. There's also a small kickback when you buy bikes from them. My 11k S got me about... $75 worth in a 12v low-profile socket and a dual-phone charger. Repairs are 10% off for the life of the vehicle, they've sent me a certificate for a free oil change (thank god, you have no idea how much oil Zeros quaff), free parts for my first service (since expired since I didn't total it in the first few months), and like twenty-five or so percent off a purchase. I bought a winter jacket for kinda cheap, hate every inch of it, but it's not utterly freezing so there's that. They sent me a birthday card too.
And oh yeah they have the FX, the SR, and the DS on the floor for looking and touching and they offer test rides. And when I bought mines a dude came to show me how it works'n stuff.
So yeah good dealer.
2018 Zero S

Evilthor

• 2018 SR Modified
    • View Profile

Phil from Cleveland Moto is not only fully informed, he stays on top of the latest things from Zero. He has a vast working knowledge of Zero ownership and riding. You cannot go wrong with these guys.

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile

Filipacchi Motorsports in Manhattan NY.  Interesting shop in a interesting area of city.  Downtown in our village area you will find this little shop with everything in electric motorsports from skateboards to bicycles to Zero bikes.  They have about 6 Zero models in stock.  I dealt with Enrico but I heard the other guys are also really cool.  Enrico is a great guy who loves bikes and is really excited about Zeros.  He knows the bikes and the company.   He was at the motorcycle show assisting the manufacture representing the Zeros.  Even though he is further from me than another shop, I ordered my Zero through him  So unless he really messes up between now and delivery of my SR/F, I would highly recommend.

And he also is a Ural dealer which is pretty cool too
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
Pages: [1]