• May 09, 2024, 04:29:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Zero SR quit charging with Diginow and regular charger update  (Read 1142 times)

Emtkopan

• View Profile
Zero SR quit charging with Diginow and regular charger update
« on: January 17, 2019, 07:14:18 AM »

It’s been several months since I’ve been on here but my SR has been garaged since Oct. It started back in Jan of ‘17 when my charger quit working. Zero replaced it under warranty. It worked fine until Sept of ‘17 when it went out again. That should not have happened according to them because it was replaced with a new model charger. My SR is a 2016 model btw. Not long after it was replaced again in Sept ‘17 I received the Diginows and installed them. Within 2-3 weeks it stopped charging all together. It would not charge via the Diginow or the OEM charger. It would click on then off. The closest dealer to me is now all most 4 hrs away so I couldn’t get it to them right away. I had also talked to Brandon and things got crazy and I haven’t had the time to send off my Diginow for him to look at either. It apparently is throwing errors as well. So this past Friday I finally had the opportunity to drop off my SR at the nearest dealer who also replaced the charger back in Sept. They just called me today and said it works fine now. They did a firmware update and it suddenly charges again. Does that make since to anyone? How can a firmware update make the motorcycle refuse to charge? I quickly called Zero and they said that sounded odd too. They are looking into it further but I’m curious if anyone else has anything they want to add. None of this makes sense to me.

Brandon, I’ll be flying out to Los Angeles early Feb, I may just bring the Diginow with me to hand to you instead of shipping it at this point.

Emtkopan

• View Profile
Re: Zero SR quit charging with Diginow and regular charger update
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 07:21:37 AM »

I forgot to mention that the dealer wants $94 for doing the firmware update which Zero has said that should be free of charge.

caza

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 09:46:03 AM »

Is the dealer charging "for the firmware update" or to diagnose/fix the charging problem.

Would they have still tried to charge you the $94 fee if you had come in just wanting a firmware update and not having any other issues?
2015 Zero SR + Power Tank

MVetter

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 01:23:28 PM »

Brandon, I’ll be flying out to Los Angeles early Feb, I may just bring the Diginow with me to hand to you instead of shipping it at this point.

Not Brandon but close enough. So we're not in LA; we're up in Monterey Bay, but we would definitely love to get a closer look at what might be going on. I'm happy to do this over email or keep it up here on the forum for full transparency. Either way we want to make sure you're fully ready to ride and enjoy the upcoming Spring.

nevetsyad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 06:08:23 AM »

Tell Zero that they're charging you for the firmware update. There's a bill rate they charge customers, and there's usually a negotiated rate for warranty work, that's much lower. They make more off customers, vs billing manufactures. I had a dealer charge me for a lot of work, in relation to troubleshooting an issue on an in warranty bike.
2023 Energica Experia
2022 Lightning Strike (reservation)
2021 Energica Eva Ribelle (For Sale)
2020 Zero SR/S (sold)
2018 Zero DSR (sold)
2015 Zero SR (Lets call it sold)

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 02:15:55 AM »

> ... we're up in Monterey Bay ...

testing how waterproof they are, haha

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

MVetter

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 03:35:47 AM »

Hey man, the Charge Bucket is still going strong. Fully submerged for ... 4 months and counting?

ashnazg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 04:18:17 AM »

Hey man, the Charge Bucket is still going strong. Fully submerged for ... 4 months and counting?

"Charge Bucket"... I realize this is an endurance test, but I can't help but think it sounds more like a dare  ;D
2015 Zero SR
2015 Zero FX (previous bike)
2011 Zero XU (previous bike)

Emtkopan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 09:24:57 AM »

Monterey Bay. That’s 5 hrs one way. I guess I won’t be meting you in person then. I guess I’ll be mailing it to you then.

MVetter

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 09:28:48 AM »

Yeah, California is huge. It's a lovely drive, though!

Emtkopan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 11:01:38 PM »

So I just got off the phone with Zero and WOW Motorcycles. Apparently a firmware update caused my SR to quit charging all together. Both confirmed it’s quite common. What?!? Zero forces a firmware update by turning off your charging capabilities?  Give me a warning instead! Send me an email! Don’t turn off charging!

Brandon and Morgan let me pick up my bike first and try the diginow again to see if I still need to send it back to you. In case I do need to send it back could you pm me with the address I need to send it to? Thanks.

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2019, 12:50:12 AM »

Yeah, California is huge. It's a lovely drive, though!

I-5 is dull.  Take the scenic route.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

Emtkopan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 07:29:39 AM »

So I picked it up today and it does charge fine on the OEM charger and displays how long until a full charge. When I connect up the Diginow, the contractor clicks and the green light comes and the light on the Diginow flashes red. You would think it was charging but the time to charge reads 00:00. I guess I do need to send it back to you to look at. Can you pm me with the address I need to send it back to? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dennis-NL

• DS 2013 12.5 <<50500km 22-feb-2019>>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 09:08:48 PM »

What does your bluetooth app display when it is connected and 'charging'?
Maybe just wrong parameters in the Diginow?
current:  DS2013 12.5 50500km 22-feb-2019
previous: MotoGuzzi 1100Cal-96, Yamaha TDM850-00, Honda Magna700-86, Honda Shadow500-86

8) Enjoy each ride, now you can hear and feel everything around you !!!!
http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8098.0;attach=9471;ima

Emtkopan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 10:40:48 PM »

ElectricCowboy and MVetter, I’m on my way to LA but I couldn’t send off my diginow to you bc I still don’t have an address to send it to. Please contact me. It will have to wait until the 13th when I get back now.
Pages: [1] 2