• April 27, 2024, 05:20:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero vs LiveWire video review  (Read 705 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Zero vs LiveWire video review
« on: January 16, 2019, 09:30:18 PM »

You might find this long video interesting. It is a comparison between the Zero SR and the LiveWire by a fellow whose family owns a Harley dealership in LA, so don't be surprised when he is a little defensive regarding the comparison: 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:35:45 PM by Richard230 »
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: Zero vs LiveWire video review
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 10:14:16 PM »

How can he do a comparison with a "Vaporware Bike" vs a REAL bike?  Guess I'll have to watch the video when I have the time...
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 11:09:21 PM »

That is EVERY crooked real dumb or playing dumb sales man.  A few grains of truth with a truck load of BS.  He doesn't know crap about Zero's options and is wrong about Harley too.  Harley says 110 miles "city" not "combined".  They also state, not very clearly but it's there, you can plug into a level 2 station but the rate will only be level 1.  You won't have the range to hop to level 3 stations so it's pretty worthless.
Nice screen but you have to pay a subscription fee after the first year to use a lot of those features.

I have to go to work or I'd roast him on You Tube.  Just pitiful!

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 04:46:37 AM »

That is EVERY crooked real dumb or playing dumb sales man.  A few grains of truth with a truck load of BS.  He doesn't know crap about Zero's options and is wrong about Harley too.  Harley says 110 miles "city" not "combined".  They also state, not very clearly but it's there, you can plug into a level 2 station but the rate will only be level 1.  You won't have the range to hop to level 3 stations so it's pretty worthless.
Nice screen but you have to pay a subscription fee after the first year to use a lot of those features.

I have to go to work or I'd roast him on You Tube.  Just pitiful!

I had the same thoughts, along with a few others.  However, I thought he did a reasonably decent job of reviewing the SR - considering he seems to be a H-D salesman.  To summarize the video, he says that the SR likely has at least the same performance and slightly more range than the recently announced, but not here yet, LiveWire.  Then he goes on to say that the Zero is built to a price, however the LiveWire is a premium motorcycle, with premium components (such as a finned battery box) and is well worth the extra $10K USD over the cost of a Zero.  If I was a salesman working on commission, I am sure I would say the same thing.  ::)

One statement that the reviewer made I found interesting:  ::)  He said that the Level 3 fast charging system would likely not be used much by an owner of the LiveWire as only H-D dealers would likely have a Level 3 charging station and most people wouldn't want to visit their dealer just to recharge their Wire.  And (also) installing a DC fast charging system in your home would be too expensive for the typical H-D customer.  ;)

Most of the comments that he was receiving at the bottom of the video were not too complementary to the LiveWire.  So I don't think the "faithful" are going to buy too many of them - which the reviewer seems to agree with, when he says that the bike is not really intended to be purchase by their typical customer.  :-[
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

MrBlc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 12:13:43 PM »

My god this guy loves his voice..
I expended my daily dose of bullcrap-talking for several days watching this..

That said, i agree that doing comparisons with a for-sale model and a prototype is useless and i would love to see a serious comparison as soon as LiveWire is actually on the road..

MVetter

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 01:15:53 PM »

I'm having a tough time watching this guy who is babbling continuous bullshit that he knows so, so very little about. I am 9 minutes in.

Evilthor

• 2018 SR Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 07:34:34 PM »

I just love the fact that Harley spent millions in advertising hype to help sell the SRF for Zero. A better bike and 10000 dollars cheaper!

GaryArt1

• Ride with Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 08:10:37 PM »

I just love the fact that Harley spent millions in advertising hype to help sell the SRF for Zero. A better bike and 10000 dollars cheaper!
Funny thing.  Last November I was at the motorcycle show in NYC and talked to the Zero representative about the Livewire (still yet to be revealed).  He says they actually welcome it because having a major manufacturer release an electric motorcycle will bring EVs into the public eye.  They saw it as a huge advertisement.  Now look with the SR/F.  Can't think of a better setup for Zero.  It has everything and more that Harley was bragging about the Livewire.  I can tell you personally, I was anxiously waiting for the Livewire and just order the SR/F.   
Currently own: 
2020 Blue Zero SR/F Premium
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

pacificcricket

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 09:05:16 PM »

That guy is a clown when it comes to EVs. Seen the video after being posted on another forum, and said as much there too.

harleyfltri

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2019, 12:06:55 AM »

I want to see a production, available to the public Livewire go up against the new SR/F. Compare all specs apples to apples. At this time I just put a deposit on a 2019 DSR. Did a demo ride a couple years ago on both the SR and the DSR and was sold immediately. Selling my 02 custom Road Glide and putting the money towards the DSR. Hope to get a SR/F not to long after. I have a lot more confidence in ZERO than I do in HD.
Pages: [1]