• May 08, 2024, 05:32:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Indiegogo update  (Read 2616 times)

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube
Indiegogo update
« on: January 14, 2019, 01:28:29 AM »

Campaign complete!

Hello IndieGoGo supporters! From the bottom of our hearts thank you all for participating in this campaign. Literally everything helped, from $5 to $2500 and everything in between. You guys are awesome and we're so excited to see the level of enthusiasm from this community.

Obviously we fell short of the goal, but that's ok. All perks and rewards purchased will be honored as listed. For our part we've been busy getting advice from powerful Movers and Shakers of the industry, including famed inventor/designer Craig Vetter and Beloved Seat Overlord, Mike Corbin, who have been extremely generous with both time and wisdom imparted. The opportunity to work with an exciting local entrepreneur, Craig Calfee of Calfee Design, presented itself. Craig runs a phenomenal machine shop where he makes high-quality bicycles and frames, as well as some very exciting projects utilizing electric powered vehicles and the Zero Powertrain itself. With his knowledge and expertise we are poised to grow beyond just the Zero market with upcoming projects, so stay tuned! We're scheduled to meet up and hammer out details in the next few days. Photos and video updates will follow soon.

As soon as IndieGoGo finishes processing the funds and releases them we'll be able to invest the money back into parts and infrastructure. To be clear, without your support we could not be doing this. Thank you!

Love,

The digiNow team

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Indiegogo update
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 02:48:34 AM »

Glad it was successful for you guys and your seeking out advice from the guys who know.  Also it says a lot about your company to honor the prices for the people that sent money even though the goal wasn't met.  Good show!
Have there been any "productive" talks with Zero about becoming the supplier for the stock onboard charger in the future?
Also I would love to see and encourage Zero to use your product to replace the current charger if or when it fails.

Emtkopan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 07:18:21 AM »

I’ve been gone from the site for several months and missed out on this. Had I known I would have gladly donated some money as I really support your products.

MVetter

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 01:25:24 PM »

I’ve been gone from the site for several months and missed out on this. Had I known I would have gladly donated some money as I really support your products.

I actually was just mentioning you this last week as I was going over with Brandon all the stuff we have to do. "Hey, whatever happened with Emtkopan's stuff?"

"Huh," says Brandon, "you know I actually haven't heard from him in a while."

Glad to know you're well. Let's get you up and running.

Rugby4life

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 06:40:36 AM »

Bump 8)
"Before attempting to beat the odds, first determine if you can survive the odds beating you."

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 04:09:40 PM »

Bump recieved!

Calfee's guys were down for training last week and completed the documentation on the production process. Everything went quite quickly and smoothly.

I'll be going upto the Calfee factory tomorrow to see craig about  the progress and start the QA process if we are ready.

I'll post a more detailed update on Monday after we see how things are going.

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 02:22:11 PM »

Update: Brandon and his wife had a baby daughter. This was immediately after his intake and release from the hospital due to a congenital heart defect that has since been surgically remedied. Hell of a couple weeks, really.

As such Brandon is the final authority in the board QC process. I was finally able to drag him into the shop today to look at the first batch of boards we've received from Calfee, so QC is underway. As for my part, I've been doing what I'll just call EV grunt work which mainly involves crimping, stripping, sheathing, soldering, and heat shrinking dozens and dozens of connections. I made half a dozen full pans worth of components barring the control boards and extended control board wires.

DanielCoffey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 03:08:23 AM »

I had heard they were expecting a baby but not that he had a health problem. Congrats on the daughter!

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 03:54:10 AM »

Thanks guys,

Yep went in for heart surgery, appears I have (had) Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome, classified as a rare disease... Ironic that it is an electrical probalem with the heart. They burned off some extra conductive tissue I had on my heart to prevent glitchy heartbeats. In the past I have always been able to remidy Afib myself by squishing my chest and bending over. That would set my heart back right again, however, with the foot of titanium in my spine now I am unable to squish my heart to fix the problem. I walked into the emergency room explained what I was feeling and that I was currently in arythmia of some kind and started taking off my clothes. They immediately hooked me upto an ekg and saw the AFIB.

As morgan mentioned, I was released and then the following day my baby was born, I was sleeping at the shop when I got the call that the water had broken and it was time to head to the hospital. Pretty cool stuff.

Sofar the initial set of boards all pass except for one which seems to have an issue. We are test potting 2 units right now to see how they do.

Best,

Brandon

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 06:00:41 AM »

Congratulations on the baby, and congratulations on the recovery!

Be well, ride safe.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

Drij

• DSR 2018 26000km(01-01-2019)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 01:27:11 PM »

Hi Guys, You were test potting 2 of the units a couple of days ago. How are things going with the controlers?
Standing on the shoulders of giants!

MVetter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 11:33:29 PM »

Had no power for the majority of the day yesterday. When power did come back on tested both units and found them clean of isolation faults. Put one in the refrigerator and one in the freezer overnight for thermal testing which is the first thing to do this morning.

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 04:16:45 AM »

Just completed initial thermal test.

board #temppass?
0-5Cy
00Cy
16Cy

Still need to let them warm up and test again.

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2019, 07:11:05 AM »

Orders shipping out this week :

Namecharger builtControl board builtSystem testship date
Olavi Tepponenynn2/21
Gideon Eatonyyyby 2/18
Pablo Valentínyyyby 2/18
John Mericleynnby 2/18
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:59:45 AM by Electric Cowboy »

Drij

• DSR 2018 26000km(01-01-2019)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 12:39:13 AM »

Hi Guys, anymore news for us about your progress? thanks in advance!
Standing on the shoulders of giants!
Pages: [1] 2