• April 26, 2024, 02:49:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Newbie: Warning Indicator and BT Android App  (Read 304 times)

PittCaleb

• View Profile
Newbie: Warning Indicator and BT Android App
« on: December 08, 2018, 08:51:33 PM »

Newbie here, apologies in advance.

Purchased a 2015 SR 12.5 last night used.  I can not say for 100% certain below was not present during either prior to my test ride or my 2 mi ride home after pulling it from the truck, but it's concerning, but hopefully nothing.

When I turn the ignition on, the "System Warning Indicator" (triangle) blinks non-stop.  In the manual, there are "number of red flashes" codes, but this never stops.  The 1st line in the manual appears to be solid, meaning not flashing.

As soon as I lift the kickstand, it goes away.  I'm simply hoping I'm mid-reading and the flashing means "not ready to ride" and nothing bigger.  Can someone please confirm?

Second, I installed the Android app, followed the instructions on pairing, got the bike to flash BT and I see the bike in both the app and Android BT conection, but when I go to connect, it fails (connection failed).  Thoughts?  Pixel 3, newest OS.

Thanks much - hope to contribute more than take from the group as time progresses.

caza

• View Profile
Re: Newbie: Warning Indicator and BT Android App
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 10:18:03 PM »

Congrats on getting your zero!

The warning light will blink as long as the kickstand is down or the kill-switch is engaged. As soon as the kickstand is up AND the killswitch is off you should have the green circle/arrow. This is normal, and designed to stop you from accidentally launching yourself off before you're ready to go. A little different from an ICE bike since we have no engine start, clutch, or neutral gear.

I also have a recently squired 2015 SR and I have not been able to get the most recent app to connect. I was able to find an older version of the app on the forum, and was able to use that. The older app also only works on my older spare phone. I set my custom mode with the app and then never really use it.
2015 Zero SR + Power Tank

PittCaleb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 11:00:56 PM »

I had an old Samsung Galaxy S7, fired it up and installed the Zero app and it connected no problem.  So the bike BT is working, just a new phone not supported yet issue.

Says a new firmware is available, I think I need to do that at a dealer, yes?

PittCaleb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 11:02:49 PM »

Congrats on getting your zero!

The warning light will blink as long as the kickstand is down or the kill-switch is engaged. As soon as the kickstand is up AND the killswitch is off you should have the green circle/arrow.

Thx so much - was very worried, honestly couldn't sleep last night, did I just buy a lemon.  Much relieved.

Now that I have a phone where I can connect, for a VERY NEW motorcycle rider, stick with Eco mode or further retard things in custom?  Can anyone provide a link to a repository of good 'sets' of custom settings people have found useful?

caza

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 11:55:16 PM »

Eco mode is good for starting out except for possibly the regen settings.

I switched pretty quickly to custom because I didn't like how rolling off the throttle instantly gives 100% regen on eco. I like my regen to activate just when I'm actually braking.

Maybe start with eco and see what you feel needs changing.

As a new rider I found the youtube channels Fast Eddies Motorcycle Fun and MC Rider to be really great resources for understanding riding better but more importantly they both have a lot of drills to run in parking lots to help you be more comfortable on your bike and increase your skills so you can avoid collisions out on the open road. Practicing in a safe environment is an ideal way to increase your skills and comfort on the bike.
2015 Zero SR + Power Tank
Pages: [1]