• April 27, 2024, 11:15:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: zero sr 2019 color choice  (Read 544 times)

zoeloe14

• View Profile
zero sr 2019 color choice
« on: November 04, 2018, 10:01:06 PM »

Was wondering when i buy a zero sr 2019 in black, iff it is possible to buy the plastics extra in another color ?

And iff it is possible can i just choose from the color from last year ( white ) or from further past years to ?

Anyone idees of the prices ?

Living in Europe btw.

Appreciate the responses  ;)

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: zero sr 2019 color choice
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 01:31:41 AM »

You should be able to mail-order all plastics for any version of the bike from AF1Racing. This is to say you don't get to pick what color but you can order the style of plastics for a model year and version of the bike which has the color you want ;  2014+ DS plastics on any 2014+ S(R)/DS(R) bike will be interchangeable. I am not 100% sure about 2013, but it should be compatible.

I think it is cheaper and easier to find a local business (or do it yourself) to paint the plastics of your own bike in the color and style you want. If you make a serious mistake you can always order original plastics and restore the bike.

All of the plastics removal can be done with basic tools but it is much easier if you get a "mini wrench" as I reviewed: Chapman Model #1916

Evilthor

• 2018 SR Modified
    • View Profile
Re: zero sr 2019 color choice
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 03:56:39 AM »

I have a 2018 SR. I simply went to a Graphics place and had mine wrapped for about 300$  I have already grown tired of the color and had it switched. They simply peel off the wrap and redo it. No damage to the original surface and an infinite amount of colors and designs
Pages: [1]