• March 28, 2024, 07:51:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: DSPZ 11.4 but now has 12.5 battery £5750 in the UK. Good deal?  (Read 617 times)

keith burton

• View Profile

Advertised on Autotrader for sale in the UK. I am interested to know what you think, I am unsure of its spoked wheels, came up as a DSPZ 11.4 but now has 12.5 battery,saying registered 2016 just wonder how old it could be. I understand battery having been replaced as may have been faulty. If 2015 or newer motor/frame are they a good bike ? Very rare for used Zeros to come up for sale in the UK. They are dearer in the UK than the states. 3500 miles on the clock. Your opinions/ knowledge would be appreciated as I am a potential buyer. Briefly owned a 2012ZF9 before their recall. Saving on a new bike is very good for me as really a commuter bike during the week.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: DSPZ 11.4 but now has 12.5 battery £5750 in the UK. Good deal?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 09:34:20 PM »

There were quite a few of the DSP's from 2014 in the UK.  I think a grant or something fell through.  I know member Mostly Bonkers has one or had one I'm not sure at the moment.
Basically in 15 you got Showa suspension and better brakes and the 12.5 battery.  That being said you can replace the whole Fastace fork setup for about what one Showa leg costs.  Showa rides nicer but it's a money trade off like all things.
In 16 you got the IPM motor in the R bikes.
For commuting in the UK I'd say it's great.  If you are a wild riding peg scraping throttle pinned kind of guy go for something else.
My 13 DS spoke wheels are fine you just have to use inner tubes.  Replacing a spoke is much cheaper than replacing a cast wheel.

I like buying cheap and figuring in the cost of fixing a few items than buying new, it almost always is cheaper in the long run.

dennis-NL

• DS 2013 12.5 <<50500km 22-feb-2019>>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 10:56:28 PM »

Got a 2013 DS spoke wheels, also with 12,5kW replacement.
Runs fine, now at 40500km.
75km range at 120km/h.
110km range at 110km/h.
170km range at 80km/h.

Bought mine last year at 22000km for €8000.
current:  DS2013 12.5 50500km 22-feb-2019
previous: MotoGuzzi 1100Cal-96, Yamaha TDM850-00, Honda Magna700-86, Honda Shadow500-86

8) Enjoy each ride, now you can hear and feel everything around you !!!!
http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8098.0;attach=9471;ima

keith burton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 01:32:33 AM »

Seller got back to me eventually to say it is sold. My funds a bit tight at the moment. Really can only hope on comes up for sale in the UK. I do not think I am willing to pay for a new 2019 18kwh with 3 diginows in a new pan at a cost of £20,000 with uncertainty of the quality, back up, dealer network. Heck of a price compared to a Tesla! No seats, bodywork, windows etc. battery a fraction of a Tesla's capacity yet car costs £30,000. I loved my brief Zero ownership and know if I ride a new 11kw DS that I can ride on my CBT beginners licence I will very much want one. I am just so concerned of the forums tales of bad customer care, Zeros attitude to customers, dealers quitting, sudden power losses, temperature sensitivity, not liking the hot days or cold days, use of a known useless built in charger, really odd manufacture system of making a years run then shutting down production, very high insurance costs in the UK, I do not know who is going to come into the market from the big manufacturers but it is going to very soon. 11kw DS with 18kwh and diginows £10,000 buy all day long, they could sell 10000 plus a year in the UK alone. £13,000 a considered buy but very realistic, £20,000 you really have to want one, commute everyday on one, spare cash for a great toy/ plaything.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 04:06:09 AM »

Personally, I don't think you will see the major Japanese or European motorcycle manufacturers enter the market until they see sales pass 30K a year and it could be a while before that happens.  BMW is the exception of course with their scooter, but I get the impression that its price is being subsidized by the sales of their other vehicles, especially at the price here in the U.S. of $14,500 for the 2018 long-range model. Most other motorcycle manufacturers are probably not willing to do that just to enter the market.  I was visiting my dealer today and I still see their C-Evolution gathering dust on their showroom floor, in spite of their attempts to place it in a spot of good visibility. If I had to take a guess based upon my frequent visits to my BMW dealer, I would say they probably sell one every three months, or so.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 05:13:08 AM »

Personally, I don't think you will see the major Japanese or European motorcycle manufacturers enter the market until they see sales pass 30K a year and it could be a while before that happens.  BMW is the exception of course with their scooter, but I get the impression that its price is being subsidized by the sales of their other vehicles, especially at the price here in the U.S. of $14,500 for the 2018 long-range model. Most other motorcycle manufacturers are probably not willing to do that just to enter the market.  I was visiting my dealer today and I still see their C-Evolution gathering dust on their showroom floor, in spite of their attempts to place it in a spot of good visibility. If I had to take a guess based upon my frequent visits to my BMW dealer, I would say they probably sell one every three months, or so.  ???
Agreed. H-D is a bit of a wildcard, since they announced they'll be launching next year, and it's not actually clear what the key parameters will be (range & price). They're also talking about "urban transportation" (i.e., e-scooters), and it's possible they'll start with those.
But other than that, and limited dirtbike offering from KTM and/or Alta, I don't see any of the big players entering the market at all for 4-5 years. Hell, neither the Japanese or Taiwanese vendors (some of which like Kymco are quite large) are even doing e-scooters at this point.
It's important to remember that Zero only sells 2K bikes/year -- that's not a lot, and everyone else is negligible.

keith burton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 03:24:06 AM »

Coming to the end of a property refurb so if the funds allow treat myself to a new DS and ride it and enjoy it. You guys know the market better. 18kwh with pan Diginow chargers, panniers, topbox, drop bars, extra lights, better seat, fairing if available in the UK. I will get onto it.
Pages: [1]