• April 27, 2024, 12:37:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Show in the dashboard the Battery temp instead of motor temp  (Read 370 times)

GeneralSP

• View Profile
Show in the dashboard the Battery temp instead of motor temp
« on: October 03, 2018, 07:27:09 PM »

Hi folks, like the title, how can I show in the dashboard (Screen B) the Battery temp instead of motor or controler temp? Can I change it?

Zero 2018 SR

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Show in the dashboard the Battery temp instead of motor temp
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 07:52:11 PM »

I always wondered the same thing, but since I have never seen more than a motor temperature of 175 degrees F, I never bothered to ask about how people come up with the battery temperature since it wouldn't seem to be an issue for me.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

GeneralSP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 08:51:10 PM »

You can see them separately with the Zero application, but for me, it more important to see the Battery temp. in the owner's manual, is written (You can see the Battery, controller and motor temp) how to chnage it!

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 09:32:10 PM »

The owners manual is saying that the temperature warning indicator acts on behalf of the motor, controller, and battery.

The temperature reading itself only ever shows motor temperature.

This is a known limitation of Zero’s design, and generally unsatisfactory in recent model years when motor temperature stopped being the immediate concern.

If you use Android, I recommend searching the Play Store for apps by the term “Zero motorcycle”. There is an aftermarket app which can display any parameter and record and graph it.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]