• March 29, 2024, 01:27:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: An odd letter from my dealer  (Read 528 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
An odd letter from my dealer
« on: September 26, 2018, 04:39:59 AM »

Yesterday I received a letter from my dealer wishing me a happy one-year anniversary since I bought my 2018 Zero 10 months ago.  ??? The letter reminds me to perform regular maintenance on my Zero. (It's last full service was at 600 miles about 6 months ago and it hardly needs any additional servicing.) They then go on to say that if I am not using my Zero as much as I had anticipated they would be interested in buying it back from me.  :o I have purchased 45 motorcycles over the past 56 years and this is the first time I have received a letter from the selling dealer asking to buy my new bike from me.  ??? Kind of strange. I might add that the letter was signed by every member of the dealership's staff.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

domingo3

• View Profile
Re: An odd letter from my dealer
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 06:10:49 AM »

Have you purchased other bikes from this dealer before?  I've gotten this kind of letter from car dealers in the past. I've also gotten letters from dealers saying my car is in high demand on the used market and I should bring it in for an estimate. I assumed it was just them trying to get people in and talk them into buying something new.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 06:23:41 AM »

Have you purchased other bikes from this dealer before?  I've gotten this kind of letter from car dealers in the past. I've also gotten letters from dealers saying my car is in high demand on the used market and I should bring it in for an estimate. I assumed it was just them trying to get people in and talk them into buying something new.

I purchased two other Zeros and a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 from another dealer whose sales manager, Zero salesperson and Zero technician transferred to this new shop after the old one went out of business a few years ago. I don't think the letter was drafted only for me as it seems like a form letter that was sent to all of their Zero customers. However, that letter made me wonder if there was a shortage of 2018 Zeros and they had a customer or two who wanted one now.   ???  Or maybe you are right and they are just trying to get me into the shop.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

ashnazg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 05:12:41 PM »

I agree that it sounds like car dealer form letter tactics to get you to come in.

Interestingly, when I receive these "personal"(ized) emails appearing to come directly from the salesman that sold me my Leaf, I'll reply with questions, but get no reply back.  Of course, there probably is no good reason why a 2011 Leaf would be "in high demand" in 2018.

Sadly, it seems to me that this moto dealer has a car salesman in charge of "outreach".
2015 Zero SR
2015 Zero FX (previous bike)
2011 Zero XU (previous bike)

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 05:45:56 PM »

I see this kind of crap mail all the time.
Its just a marketing ploy to get you in the door.
Pages: [1]