• April 25, 2024, 07:01:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Can't seem to order a 2018 S model  (Read 2029 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Can't seem to order a 2018 S model
« on: September 21, 2018, 09:49:25 PM »

My dealer has been trying to get pricing for me for a 2018 S model to replace the 2016 that was totaled in the accident I had earlier this summer.  They've been trying for two weeks and have yet to get any kind of response from Zero.  I'm guessing they've either sold out their inventory, or (more likely since they never even called back) they're a bunch of morons who don't know how to sell their bikes.  I'm sitting here with cash in hand and apparently they're not interested.

I MAY try again in the Spring when the 2019s are out.  In the meantime, I think I'll head down to the local Yamaha dealer and order a 2018 XMAX.  It's not electric, but it costs HALF as much as the Zero, gets 75 mpg on regular gas, and Yamaha has the highest reliability score in the most recent Consumer Reports ratings report.

I'm very disappointed in Zero.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
Re: Can't seem to order a 2018 S model
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 10:44:57 PM »

Is it that they can't determine availability? Pricing is on the web site. Or are you getting a discount? https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=69
2020 Zero SR/S
Previously: 2016 Zero SR

GilTitan06

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 11:02:09 PM »

On the road again...

Rugby4life

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 12:16:21 AM »

Oh darn, I guess you'll have to settle for a demo SR. Suffering for the cause.  ;)
"Before attempting to beat the odds, first determine if you can survive the odds beating you."

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 12:44:41 AM »

Doesn't matter if Zero won't even take the time to return phone calls.  I heard we just got a new regional sales manager... turnover issues?  He/she isn't making a great first impression...
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 03:01:21 AM »

Let me refer you to Dale, our UK manager/rep/whatever you want to call him. He'll sort you out Jaime. I'll send him a link to this thread.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 06:45:07 AM »

Thanks for the offer, but I'm on the other side of "the pond."  But I'm wondering if someone from Zero monitors this forum because on my way home from the office I got an E-Mail from my dealer.  They FINALLY heard from their Zero rep and he believes they do have a 2018 Zero S 13kWh bike available.  I expect to hear more tomorrow.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Stonehomes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 01:17:20 PM »

Thanks for the offer, but I'm on the other side of "the pond."  But I'm wondering if someone from Zero monitors this forum because on my way home from the office I got an E-Mail from my dealer.  They FINALLY heard from their Zero rep and he believes they do have a 2018 Zero S 13kWh bike available.  I expect to hear more tomorrow.
Morning Jamie, you could always move to the UK and we can look after you. LOL.

Joking apart, sales of our motorcycles have really taken off this year worldwide, as a direct result there are some shortages of certain 2018 models of which the S is one of them. The 2019 models will be available by November 3028, to avoid disappointment you could pre order the S model that you require now with a small deposit with your nearest dealer ensuring you get the model you are after.

Selling out of models is a success story, the direct opposite of incompetence, which means more people are waking up to riding Zero’s and are not just thinking about it but buying one. The more folks that buy the more travelling by 100% electric is accepted by the motorcycle riding public.

Shortages of supply help Zero residual values hold up too, which is a good thing for the investment made by the owners of our bikes.

Bottom line, don’t go elsewhere, sorry that you have had a problem, stick with it, I am happy to help, even if you the other side of the pond.  Please do let me know if you have any further drama.

The previous thread is correct however, the current prices are quoted clearly online.

Have a cracking weekend.

Thanks for the heads up Tom.

Dale Robinson
Zero UK Country Manager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 02:01:46 PM »

You see? Easy peasy pudding and pie, when you've got decent people like Dale onboard. :)

I'm really pleased to hear Zero are selling out too.  This is definitely a good news story. Enjoy your new Zero Jaime.  Forgive Dale spelling your name wrong, he isn't the sharpest pencil in the box... ;-)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 02:04:16 PM »

Actually, why don't you just get an SR or DSR? Much more fun... I was very close to buying a new DSR very recently as it happens.  Not cheap, but of course you get it back on the running costs if you're use it a lot. :-)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 05:06:04 AM »

Beside the significant cost differential, they are almost three times more expensive to insure as well.  But alls well that ends well, they've got a 2018 model S with the 13 kWh available in a warehouse nearby.  Will head out on Wednesday to drop off the cashier's check and get the paperwork squared away.  Oh boy!!
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 06:35:12 AM »

Beside the significant cost differential, they are almost three times more expensive to insure as well.  But alls well that ends well, they've got a 2018 model S with the 13 kWh available in a warehouse nearby.  Will head out on Wednesday to drop off the cashier's check and get the paperwork squared away.  Oh boy!!

Good news! And congratulations, JaimeC. I have been quite happy with my 2018 S. It has all the power that I need, in spite of being some 42 pounds heavier, with its PT, than your new bike. Have fun and enjoy the ride.  :)

Keep your fingers crossed that the 10% electric motorcycle credit will be renewed for this year by Congress when they adopt the budget for next year.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 07:15:46 AM »

Yes, that's great news.  I thought they'd probably have one lying around somewhere... ;-)

I must admit, the thought did cross my mind of upgrading to a new DS, rather than the DSR.  The trouble is that I'd just find it too similar to my 2014DS, even though I know the '18 model is a much better bike.  Damn, you and Richard have got my brain whirring again... I'm never disappointed with the performance of my 2014DS  to be honest - providing all is fine with the battery and the weather isn't too cold.

I'm also wondering if the 2014DS comes with the IPM motor.  That could make a trade-in very tempting indeed!  My dearly beloved wife would chop my balls off with a carving knife though... I recently bought a Honda CB1000R so I can do a few longer trips and enjoy hooning around Hertfordshire on something that goes like a bat out of hell.  I'm keeping the DS because I just love it too much to let it go.  Unfortunately it's out of commission at the moment so I'm spending lots of money on petrol and being reminded of what a pain it is to have to fill up on my commute.  The noise and having to change gear are also things I didn't miss...  Fun on the open road though and I've already used the heated grips!  :-)

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 07:05:25 PM »

The 2014 Zeros did not have the IPM motor, but having owned both the 2014 and 2018 S, my seat-of-the-pants feeling is that the older motor design feels like it accelerates faster.  ???  My recollection is that the IPM motor was developed because it can handle heat better than the older motor, not because it is any more powerful.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 08:59:34 PM »

The newer bikes also have the stronger belt AND the locking storage compartment in the "tank." I also appreciate the ability to flash the newer software updates myself instead of having to bring it into the shop.  Having been burned once, though, I think I'll keep an eye on the posts HERE before I do any updates.  Once bitten, twice shy...

The other reason I want a new, non-demo bike is that it would have the full factory warranty; a demo bike or used one would not.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR
Pages: [1] 2 3