• April 26, 2024, 01:54:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: May be losing my closest dealer  (Read 701 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
May be losing my closest dealer
« on: September 10, 2018, 09:35:14 PM »

I was just given a "Head's Up" that my local dealership may be ending their relationship with Zero due to the poor support the factory provides in regards to timely deliveries and even returning service-related calls.  This isn't good news, and I'm sure hoping SOMEONE at Zero is looking into these issues.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

ashnazg

• View Profile
Re: May be losing my closest dealer
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 11:42:25 PM »

The only Alabama dealer seems to have dropped out this year, but I'm fairly sure that was due to low sales rather than any service horror stories.
2015 Zero SR
2015 Zero FX (previous bike)
2011 Zero XU (previous bike)

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 09:56:38 PM »

My dealer in Chattanooga dropped the Zero line last year, I was never told point blank why but I get the feeling that it was simply due to lack of sales, they actually really liked the bikes but you gotta pay the bills. 

I believe Zero makes a good product but in my region, it's going to be a slow go to get it rolling, maybe big cities like Atlanta can support it (they do have a dealer there) but smaller towns like mine are going to be a challenge.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:58:42 PM by Ireek »

Emtkopan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 02:36:15 AM »

Ireek, I talked to Jeff at Griffiths cycles. He’s a great guy btw. It was low sales. I don’t think they sold but a couple of Zeros. They were my go to dealer for service and I live in Murfreesboro. Now I have to go to WOW Motorcycles in Atlanta if I need anything done. Jeff was very knowledgable in Zeros and loved riding the one he had. We would even show up for Drive Electric Week. He had nothing but good to say about the service and support he got from Zero. The big problem is the low sales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Panuwarts

• View Profile
    • หกล้อดั้ม แม็คโคร ให้เช่า
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 03:15:27 PM »

I like to read these stories very much.

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 12:55:52 AM »

Ireek, I talked to Jeff at Griffiths cycles. He’s a great guy btw. It was low sales. I don’t think they sold but a couple of Zeros. They were my go to dealer for service and I live in Murfreesboro. Now I have to go to WOW Motorcycles in Atlanta if I need anything done. Jeff was very knowledgable in Zeros and loved riding the one he had. We would even show up for Drive Electric Week. He had nothing but good to say about the service and support he got from Zero. The big problem is the low sales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry for the late reply, I figured it was due to lack of sales, I didn't want to speak for them, I did get the feeling when speaking with Jeff that he was disappointed in dropping the brand, he really did seem to enjoy them, they have a lot of other neat ICE brands to keep them busy but a big part of me hopes that they revisit with Zero in the near future, they're really close to me so that would be nice.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 03:30:57 AM »

I wouldn't be at all surprised if my local dealer here in the South East of England cut their relationship with Zero soon. Despite being in the perfect catchment area for London commuters, they just don't manage to sell the bikes. I don't think they're interested and I know their service department is totally fed up.  It's much easier for them to sell and service Japanese bikes. There's no incentive for them to sell Zeros (in their minds, from what I can gather). 

It's a real shame because with a different attitude they could probably be a leading dealership here in the UK.  Streetbike in Birmingham have been successful with Zero and it is starting to become worth their while.  That's up in Birmingham, which is full of Brummies! They don't earn as much as Londoners and are often a bit stuck in the mud.  Yet they are selling Zeros locally and all over the country. Some Zero customers insist on only dealing with Streetbike even when they have a local dealer.  I might end up going back to them too as I have little confidence that my local dealer is capable of dealing with my current battery issues.  Or they might, but Zero will have to send an engineer over from the Netherlands to do the work. It should be interesting.
Pages: [1]