• March 28, 2024, 10:09:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Blog or ad?  (Read 466 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Blog or ad?
« on: August 07, 2018, 07:29:43 PM »

Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

ecavoli

• View Profile
Re: Blog or ad?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 09:44:32 PM »

Almost always.
2017 FXS Modular

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 09:52:53 PM »

They clearly mark it as sponsored content in the beginning. The writer borrowed a Johammer from them a few weeks ago so he could cover the Electric Night Ride in Paris.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 03:20:27 AM »

They clearly mark it as sponsored content in the beginning. The writer borrowed a Johammer from them a few weeks ago so he could cover the Electric Night Ride in Paris.

I saw that note.  I just decided to make a point.  I wonder how much Zero paid for that page?  And speaking of Zero ads, I can't recall the last time I saw a Zero ad in a paper magazine.  I wonder if they are getting much in the way of exposure to the general public? Since I don't follow social media and obtain most of my news from print daily newspapers and monthly magazines, I kind of wonder about that sort of stuff.  ??? Most of the time when I am asked about my Zero by someone, they have never heard of Zeros, or electric motorcycles, for that matter.   :(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 01:59:22 PM »

I think Zero paid zero for that page because it's about a Dutch dealer that's starting its own network. I actually met the guy behind it a few times, nice fellow who really believes electric motorcycles are the way to go.

About print ads, it's hard to really show off the power of a Zero in a small ad, here they do mostly organise events and are at a lot of trade shows. The best way to convince someone about an electric motor is to let them ride on it, even if it's only on a closed test track.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 08:15:08 PM »

I think Zero paid zero for that page because it's about a Dutch dealer that's starting its own network. I actually met the guy behind it a few times, nice fellow who really believes electric motorcycles are the way to go.

About print ads, it's hard to really show off the power of a Zero in a small ad, here they do mostly organise events and are at a lot of trade shows. The best way to convince someone about an electric motor is to let them ride on it, even if it's only on a closed test track.

I have to agree with that.  But you still have to get the horse to the water before you can get him to drink.  ;)

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 08:21:15 PM »

I saw that note.  I just decided to make a point.  I wonder how much Zero paid for that page?  And speaking of Zero ads, I can't recall the last time I saw a Zero ad in a paper magazine.  I wonder if they are getting much in the way of exposure to the general public? Since I don't follow social media and obtain most of my news from print daily newspapers and monthly magazines, I kind of wonder about that sort of stuff.  ??? Most of the time when I am asked about my Zero by someone, they have never heard of Zeros, or electric motorcycles, for that matter.   :(

I only get the print magazine that comes with being an AMA member.  That had, more than a  year ago by now, quite a lengthy article about a tour on the blue ridge parkway in Virginia and perhaps farther by Benswig who seems on here.  I would expect the Alta gets articles in the dirt bike magazines.  But yes kind of amazing how many never heard of Zero, they even say Harley making electric has increased traffic to their site.  Zero seems to invest in forcing ads to come up like in the banner ad on this site.  I think one time they put 5 spots on one news site I visit.  Maybe they are just getting kind of over billed.  If I go to the zero website chances are I will get showered with little ads.  Most on here may well know how to limit this and do not see it.
Pages: [1]