• April 24, 2024, 04:17:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: after keying on, the warning light blinks twice, pause, blink again, then the he  (Read 332 times)

MadwitTY

• View Profile

Hey all.
I'm came out to ride my zero back home from  work but am getting a very strange and rather scary set of warning lights.

As said in title, after keying on, the warning light blinks twice, pause, blink again, then the headlight turns off and then back on, the charge light blinks, and then it starts again.

Anyone ever seen this? I'd like to make it the 22 miles home, but am worried about a breakdown.

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile

The system warning indicator blinking two-one is a contactor error fault. Did you hear the contactor close and did the dash eventually turn on properly? If not, try keying off, count slowly to 20, then key on again and see if the error repeats. The "solution" is to contact Zero or your dealer. Hope it works out.
2020 Zero SR/S
Previously: 2016 Zero SR

BamBam

• View Profile

I had a incident not too long ago where is seemed liked my contactor had locked up and the warning light behaved like you described.  My dealer buddy removed and reinstalled the main #1 fuse and that reset whatever was wrong and the bike has been fine ever since.  See link below for more details.

http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=7963.msg67117#msg67117
Currently Owned Bikes:
2017 Zero DSR Limited Edition (original owner, running)
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (original owner, red now black, running)
1997 Honda Valkyrie (original owner, first year in black, running)
1975 Kawasaki H2 750 (original owner, purple, not running)
Pages: [1]