• April 24, 2024, 08:28:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2017 DS OTA firmware update fails  (Read 347 times)

volt

• View Profile
2017 DS OTA firmware update fails
« on: June 05, 2018, 11:05:39 PM »

Hello guys, is anybody having problems updating the DS from BMS 30 to 31 and MBB from 23 to 24?
I get all the blinking light show in the dashboard but after 30 long minutes the app tells me that the process timed out.

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: 2017 DS OTA firmware update fails
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 04:12:29 AM »

I had no problem updating my 2018 S to the most recent BMS and MBB updates.  Oddly, both updates were indicted as revision 31. I agree that the MBB update should have been indicated as revision 24, since the last version that I had loaded was number 23.  ???

However, the first time I tried updating my bike, it also "timed out" and indicated that the update had failed.  When I tried again, the update installed.  Last month I installed another series of updates and this one also said that it had "timed out" and the update had failed. But when I checked for again for firmware revisions, the display said that my bike had the latest firmware and there was no further updates needed. So it is possible that the firmware revisions were installed and the "timed out" notice is just goofy. Check again for new updates and see what the app says. You can tell if you have the new revisions when the app display provides less information on battery condition than before and some other information seems to have been reset.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 04:15:57 AM by Richard230 »
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

SebfromBE

• View Profile
Re: 2017 DS OTA firmware update fails
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 01:41:34 PM »

Hi Concur with Richard,

I have a S 2017 (no tank). First update timed out, but afterwards app said there was no update available for the bike (meaning: the latest one indeed got installed). At the next round of update, it proposed the current and new version where as expected (30->31, 23->24). This one didn't time out.

So I would say: If the app doesn't propose you to update again means likely that everything is fine!

One trick that can possibly help: sometime when I have difficulty connecting to the bike, I turn off and on again the bluetooth on my phone. This SEEMS to make it easier to pair... However this is likely very phone dependent....

Pages: [1]