• March 29, 2024, 09:25:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to ride modular Zero FX with only a single battery  (Read 636 times)

ElectricJunkie

• View Profile
How to ride modular Zero FX with only a single battery
« on: June 02, 2018, 10:46:02 PM »

I have a modular 2016 FX and I'd like to try riding it with only one power pack to reduce the weight.  I tried removing one power pack but upon turning the key it gave me 2 quick flashes of the warning light followed by one quick flash, which in the manual translates to "Contactor error. Contact your Zero Dealer".  I tried it with just the other power pack in place but got the same issue.  I checked the manual and there are no instructions how to ride with just one power pack, and I couldn't find anything on this forum.  I'll contact my dealer but in the mean time I'm wondering if anyone has instructions for riding with just one power pack.  Is there a specific battery I should remove?  Also, is there something I should do to protect the contacts on the bike for the removed powerpack while riding?  Thanks for any info.

morimaxx

• View Profile
    • My personal blog (german only)
Re: How to ride modular Zero FX with only a single battery
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 10:57:10 PM »

You need to attach the dongle in place of the removed battery if you want to ride with one battery:
https://zeromanual.com/index.php/Common_Modifications#FX_Dual_to_Single_Battery

ElectricJunkie

• View Profile
Re: How to ride modular Zero FX with only a single battery
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 11:21:16 PM »

Thanks!  Will try it.
Pages: [1]