• March 29, 2024, 06:59:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 56238 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 10:14:18 PM »

Hi Just wanted to let you all know who I/we are. I am Mark ,e-marketing sales from Zhejiang Goldenkey Electric Vehicle Co.,Ltd.

Sorry for the late welcome, but thanks a lot for joining!

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 10:17:31 PM »

Howdy!

I'm Jim, I've been messing around with electric motorcycles since 2007, when I converted my wife's Ninja 250 into a research vehicle....turned obsession.

Hey Jim, thanks a lot for joining! I remember reading about your Ninja on ABG, glad to see you are pressing on and starting your own company. Can't wait to see what you have going...

Axelwik

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 04:26:32 AM »

I just joined the forum. Picked up a rolling chassis the other day (Suzuki Katana) and plan to use LiFePO4 batteries, but can't decide whether an AC induction motor or series DC motor is the right solution. Is the AC motor worth the extra cost (prices have seemed to come down)? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I'm not poor either. My goal is a bike that will have a range of 60 to 100 miles and a top speed of 100 MPH. Am I far off the mark?

Hardball

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2010, 07:39:29 AM »

Looks like this is the intro page...

Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Bruce.  Mechanical engineer and metal fabricator from the real Jersey Shore (not that BS you see on tv).  I have a shop full of CNC metalworking equipment, welding and fabricating equipment and a garage full of motorcycles, all kinds, old and new.  Looking forward to learning from you all and maybe even teaching a thing or two...

B

manlytom

• View Profile
    • Fans of Zero MC for Australia - pls support
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, 12:22:56 PM »

Hi from downunder Australia. And yes, in addition to this ugly electric scooter we have the Zero's now available.
Considering it and would like to know how it compares to the Brammo's. (they are not yet sold here).

and - new to the forum.
cheers
Tom
Tom
bikes: Kreidler RMC, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VT600, Zero 2010S, Harley XL1200 roadster, Zero 2011S -- all of them sold, Zero 2014S -- sadly written off, HD Livewire 2020
http://www.facebook.com/ZeroElectricMoto

briogio

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 12:16:10 AM »

Hi fellow enthusiasts!
My name is John and I started my motorcycle "amour" in England with a BSA Bantam, Francis-Barnett, MZ, then My BMW R75/6 which I brought with me to Canada on the boat. Crashed it and got a 1975 Ducati 860GT in 1978, I went across the country and down to LA on it, a lot of miles, loved that bike. Since then I've always loved Ducati's, built and raced a round-case (1972/3) 750. Then in 2000 I treated myself to a brand new Ducati Monster 900S, 3 years ago I blew the motor bad enough to send aluminum shards throughout it, now I want to use the chassis to build a "kneeler" style, prone positioned,"dustbin" faired, super slippery, electric MONSTER! ;D I'm going to keep a photo log, ask a lot of questions (because although I'm a fairly good mechanic, I'm kind of clueless on the electrical front ::))
Looking forward to the adventure 8)

teddillard

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 05:36:17 PM »

...feelin' a little late to the party!  

I've been lurking for a while, figured it was time to come out of the closet.   :D

I'm working on my second bike, a 1972 Yamaha R5 built up from just a frame and a wheel I found in a chicken coop in the fields of Massachusetts.  I've planned it to be motor and battery agnostic, so I can upgrade it as I can afford, but right now it's running 72V and a Mars ME0709.  Here it is:

The plan is to do something like this (this should give you a good idea of what I started with):

I'm trying to keep the build diary on one location, so that's over on ES: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23548

Here's a shot of my first build, based on an '84 VF500F:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:40:19 PM by teddillard »

samwisekoi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 02:54:40 AM »

Greetings!

Been lurking here for a bit while I research what to do for an EV motorcycle for my 10-mile, no-hill, no-freeway commute.

Current thoughts:
 - Convert my little-used CBR 600F4 race bike.
 - Brammo-that-is-actually-available.
 - Native GPR-S.
 - Bob and electrify a dead-but-registered Sportster.

For the moment I am waiting to see what happens at Zero with adult supervision.  If they can homologate something like their TT racer, I am in!

- Sam :D
EV - TBD
50cc motorized-bike
CBR 600F4 race bike
HD FLHR Road King

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 08:51:32 AM »

For the moment I am waiting to see what happens at Zero with adult supervision.  If they can homologate something like their TT racer, I am in!

- Sam :D

Welcome Sam!

Not trying to flex my brain too hard, more trying to keep the record straight.... Zero has not raced the "TT". They used Agni's TT bike at Infineon, Elkhart Lake and ?? In 2010 TTXGP. K squared ran a moded S at Infineon TTXGP 2010.

Not sure what 2011 will bring but Zero keeps plugging along. More dirt tho.

samwisekoi

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 09:23:44 PM »

Thanks for the welcome.

It was at Sears Point in 2010.  IIRC it was fundamentally a gixxer...

From http://egrandprix.com/news.php?id=78

"...the second Zero satellite teams, KSquared Racing, ridden Kenyon Kludge, Zero's chief electrical engineer riding a modified Zero stock bike."

Where "modified" meant "completely different except for stickers and some parts".   ;)

- Sam
EV - TBD
50cc motorized-bike
CBR 600F4 race bike
HD FLHR Road King

dunk

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2011, 09:10:06 PM »

Hello everybody, my name is Duncan MacKillop and I am one of the founders of the Moto Gymkhana Association here in the UK.

Our aim is to introduce and promote Moto Gymkhana to the widest possible range of motorcycle riders and the riders of electric motorcycles should be included in this aim.

Of course, Moto Gymkhana is perhaps the only sport in which electric motorcycle can compete on equal terms with petrol engined bikes, hence me joining this very interesting forum.

Moto gymkhana requires agility, torque and lots of squirt over short distances, something at which electric bikes excell. Average courses take no more tha  two minutes to complete, so there's no problems with running out of puff halfway round!

We hope to be running an all-electric Moto Gymkhana sometime later this year and hope that we can find a lot of riders who would want to come along and try it out.

Check out our website for all the gen on Moto Gymkhana at www.motogymkhana.org

GreenHead

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2011, 10:24:52 PM »

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum - registered a few weeks back.  I'm an engineer in the auto industry w/ a fairly serious green habit.

Back in 2008 I converted my 1999 VW Jetta TDI to vegetable oil, and took it on an 18,000 mile cross country road trip before starting work in summer of 2009.  I converted the car w/ a kit from www.greasecar.com.

I've now decided I want to make the jump into EVing.  I'm in the process of purchasing my first bike.  If all goes well this weekend, I'll be the proud owner of a 2001 Yamaha YZF600R.  I'm still in the infant stages of planning, but am having trouble figuring out how to proceed.  I've found some websites that sell kits, such as http://www.motorcycleelectrickit.com/.  But I've not been too impressed with what I've found.  Looks like I'll need to go component by component here. 

I'm looking for advice and experience of the elder circle here.  What are some good resources to proceed w/ my planning?
I found a book called "The Secrets of El Ninja" which seems like it might be helpful here.

Essentially my goal is to convert this bike so I can get a 35 - 50 mile range, and do so for approx $3,000 - 4,000. 

Thanks in advance.

Allen_OKC

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2011, 12:47:02 AM »

Hello my name is Allen - it looks like i know a few folks here already...

anyway im still new to EV's, but im learning with the help of some of the friends here already...

at present im building a 72 volt motorcycle...

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:12:08 AM by Allen_OKC »
I havent succeeded until it blows up in my face...

need2

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2012, 02:10:52 PM »

Hi guys another from Down Under, I have a 1982 GSX 250 which I have hard-tailed, See blog for reason why, http://robselectricgarage.blogspot.com/ .This has been a part time labour of love for 4 months now and so excited to find this forum via Twitter. Well now for a few hours of looking through more on this forum,
Cheers, Rob

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 07:14:21 AM »

Hey need2, welcome to the forum! Nice project, adding to my rss reader.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33