• April 24, 2024, 09:02:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 56535 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2017, 07:57:37 PM »

Welcome Gap.  Happy to have you aboard.  I hope you enjoy your Zero as much as I enjoy mine.   :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

TheGap

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2017, 09:11:46 PM »

Welcome Gap.  Happy to have you aboard.  I hope you enjoy your Zero as much as I enjoy mine.   :)
Thanks Richard.
I do enjoy my Zero a lot, but unfortunately I must presume (for the time being) not as much as you.
see http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=6824.0

Hybrid

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2017, 01:40:36 PM »

Hello Everybody,

My name is Harry, I just registered as "Hybrid".

I live in Holland and ride a 2014 Zero S 14.2 which I use for daily commuting and hobby rides.
Since my first electric ride back in 2008 I am convinced electric propulsion is he future. I hope to learn from and contribute to this interesting forum.  :)

TheGap

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2017, 01:01:05 AM »

Hi Hybrid,

a high five from a "zuiderbuur" to a "noorderbuur"  ;)

e-volution

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2017, 03:24:36 AM »

Hello to all,
I'm Peter and new in this forum.I drive a SR '15 for a little over a year. I live in the southwest of Germany between Karlsruhe and Stuttgart and I am 55 years old. I quit motorcycling about 25 years ago. I commuted for years to work by bicycle, e-bike and e-velomobile, those 3-wheeled closed recumbent bikes.
Then I was looking for a more comfortable and quicker vehicle so I had a look on e-scooters. In the shop I saw a zeromotorcycle the first time. Mmmh interresting a real full motorcycle. Dealer said have a try. I did.
I was fixed at once. The acceleration,no shifting,this other beautiful electric sound, 180kg,beltdrive ect.ect
but whom do I tell it.
I love driving my bike daily the whole year for now 11500km and dont wanna miss it.

thats for the moment from me see you  Peter

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2017, 06:26:58 AM »

Great story Peter and welcome.

e-volution

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2017, 01:13:41 AM »

Hey mostlybonkers,
thank you for the welcome. Read about your trouble to get a new wheel for your bike.
Hope you get it back on the road soon.     P.

GadgetGuy5

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2017, 04:17:48 AM »

Hello, Just order my 2017 Zero SR this weekend.  Looking forward to the fun!  This forum had lots of good information that helped me make the final decision.  Thanks for posting all this information.

GadgetGuy5
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:13:32 AM by GadgetGuy5 »
2017 Zero SR, Commuter Screen, Rear Rack Kit

droidish

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2017, 05:43:31 AM »

Greetings!

I registered here a few days ago, thought I'd introduce myself now. My name is Michael, I live in far northern California, just a stone's throw from the Oregon border. I have been toying with the idea of buying an e-bike for a few years. At first I thought I wanted a Brammo as they're made very near here, then they messed up and put a gearbox on their bike.  ???

Recently a local shop (100 miles) became a Zero dealer. I took my wife in to show her the pretty red SR, and before I knew it she was sitting at the salesman's desk filling out papers!! Gotta love her, but I wasn't quite ready financially, so I cooled her jets. This morning I scheduled a demo ride during a Zero demo day next month. I'm pretty sure once I ride one there will be no looking back!
Michael

'17 Zero SR
'03 Suzuki DR-Z400

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2017, 08:17:47 AM »

Welcome, Michael!

I do hope you realize you already have the rest of us green with envy....you have a wife that wants you to have an SR even more than you want one!

There's nothing wrong with "pretty" and "red", but you'll find these are two of the least of the charms of the SR. Quiet, reliable, extremely cheap to run, pushing a critical technology forward, these are all great too, but still maybe not at the top of my list. My favorite aspects of my (2014, so yours will be better on all counts) SR are:

3) Torque...but this is like no torque you've experienced. From a dead stop (maximum torque at 0 rpm vs. no torque at 0 rpm for an ICE) up through freeway speeds, there's no need to wonder how much torque you have available -- you have full torque available, period. You won't believe how much of an impact that has on your riding. There's torque, there's always torque.

2) Simplicity. This informs maintenance, operational ease, weight, cost, and many other factors. I've performed belt tightenings, check my tire pressure regularly, and stay on top of my brake pads. Oh, and brake fluid. There's not much else to do except ride the bike. No fuel or oil filters, no ignition system, no intake/carburetion, no exhaust, whole systems that don't exist and therefore can't wear out or malfunction.

1) This is largely a result of number 3), but it's the thing I've come to love most about my bike. It's sheer responsiveness. If you're in the second lane of the freeway, and you realize your offramp is coming up, but there's a truck in your way, roll it on. You'll get there better than just about any other vehicle. The always-there torque is a huge factor, of course, but so is the complete lack of throttle lag. EV owners never have conversations about "throttle response", because the concept doesn't exist for EVs. The SR is a quick-steering bike, with a responsive steering geometry (though it's stable enough for freeway comfort), and that magical throttle response means the bike just about reads your mind.

Notice I never mentioned clean air, the carbon cycle, or inconvenient truths about frogs in boiling water. Those are all great, but I'm a motorcyclist, and for me, it's all about the ride. So I say, let the ride convince you. Throw a leg (or yours and your wife's) over one.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

droidish

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2017, 09:31:13 PM »

Thank you for the welcoming reply Doug.

You were preaching to the choir a little bit though. I'm convinced! I'm convinced!

There are so many advantages really, but the one that stands out for me the most is the low maintenance. I am so sick and tired of drive chain maintenance alone. Don't even get me started on the Ducati's desmodromic valve lash adjustments, and cam drive belt replacements! I do all of my own routine maintenance, so with three bikes in the garage...

Right now I'm just having a hard time wrapping my brain around the initial cost. It will be more than twice what I've ever paid for a motorcycle in the past. And I know it's a false comparison, but my bank account doesn't understand that.
Michael

'17 Zero SR
'03 Suzuki DR-Z400

Jorg

• Zero DS 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 23, 2017, 01:27:43 AM »

Hello people!

I'm Jorg (38)  from Norway. Just ordered a DS 2017. Never owned a motorcycle before. In the process of selling my old gas-guzzling Audi (1 liter pr 10 km on a good day.). And getting my license. Which takes a little while, having never ridden two wheels before.

Excited like a teenager to get the Zero. And also really glad to see such a friendly community of people here! My instructor says bikers are a friendly lot. So far not proven wrong.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 23, 2017, 04:18:56 AM »

Welcome, Jorg!  Enjoy your new Zero, stay safe and visit us often.   :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

tigerbike

• Zero DS-R 2016, Photovoltac-charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2017, 03:26:15 PM »

@ DougS
I am not a native-speaker in English, and your acronyms drive me grazy sometimes. WTF means ICE?? In Germany it means a train, which is very speedy.
I#ve tried to google it, but after 4 pages, it gets boring, when nothing seems to fit exactly.
Seems to be a combustion engine, but what is the I?

greez
Harald

Jorg

• Zero DS 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2017, 04:17:45 PM »

ICE = Internal Combustion Engine :) Took me a little while to figure out as well.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33