• April 24, 2024, 08:06:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 56534 times)

KrustyKruser

• Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »

Thanks for the welcome BrianTRice,  I will look for the group rides to alices. Been there a few times in the past. I may have to truck the bike to the starting point as sonoma to alices may be a bit far for the DS. See you in the 2013+ forum section.
Motorcycles: 2013 Zero DS
Enginecycles: 2005 Ducati 999, 2000 Honda XR650R

E-BOY

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2017, 05:09:32 AM »

hello Folks,
My name is Erik.
I'm going to buy my first e-motorbike.. did you heard something about this? it seems awesome!
Thank you in advance.

http://newatlas.com/italian-volt-lacama-electric-custom-motorcycle/48458/

rider7

• 2017 DSR, 100% wind charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2017, 08:03:17 AM »

Cool design, I like it.

Thanks for sharing E-Boy and welcome to the electricians  ;D

Rider7
32 years of almost every day riding all year round.

Alec

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2017, 10:16:25 AM »

Howdy All,

New to the motorcycle world and about to take delivery of a 2017 Zero SR.  Looking forward to learning on the streets of Hollywood!

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2017, 10:26:03 AM »

Welcome Alec,

I am a newby too to this forum.

You'll love it here and your SR.

The people here are really helpful with anything you need.

Rider 7

Alec

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2017, 12:44:05 AM »

Thank you for the warm welcome Rider 7!

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2017, 07:11:00 AM »

Alec,

you'll find hundreds of threads here where people keep on discussing without drifting off into forum typical primitive fights.

It might be the fact that most people here seem to have a more eclectic taste in things for life and are more equipped with brain than the typical fastfood herds.

It is by far the best forum I have ever been a member of.

When do you take delivery of your SR?

Rider 7

tigerbike

• Zero DS-R 2016, Photovoltac-charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2017, 06:29:31 PM »

Hi folks, I am new here in the forum, not new in e-bikes. 6 weeks ago I changed a Zero DS 2013 to a DS-R 2016. Thanks Zero for that offer. The first 1000km are done, and I am astonished how far the improvements were in 3 years.
The Zero is an optimal town- and fun-bike. For hollidays i have a Yamaha FJR.

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2017, 07:20:55 AM »

Hi folks, I am new here in the forum, not new in e-bikes. 6 weeks ago I changed a Zero DS 2013 to a DS-R 2016. Thanks Zero for that offer. The first 1000km are done, and I am astonished how far the improvements were in 3 years.
The Zero is an optimal town- and fun-bike. For hollidays i have a Yamaha FJR.

Tigerbike,

Thanks for pointing out how far they got by now. I am not sure if I would have been able to drop still quite a bit of money on a zero then with considerably less performance and range.

Thanks to every real early adopter here, you made it happen for the late comers like me.

Rider7

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 09, 2017, 09:22:28 PM »

Newbie here, about the pull the trigger on a 17' Zero FX, went a month or so ago to buy but walked out with a 17 KTM Duke 690, cool bike but should've bought the Zero, so now I'll have both:)  Lots and lots of petrol cycle experience, worked in the industry for many years (now a mailman), road raced, blah blah blah.  Happy to be here, looks fun but maybe a little intimidating with all the electric/computer talk, I hope I can wrap my pea brain around it all...

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 10, 2017, 09:53:05 AM »

Ireek,

welcome !
the good thing sort of is that the zeros are almost maintence free, but when something goes wrong with the electric bits and pieces that are part of the drive train, you cannot really do anything unless you have the electrical tools to do it and the training, so it's kind of out of your hands anyway then.

That is what I am really happy that I have a generation 2017 that seems to be one of the most developed, duhhh....  newest model.... and it seems to be a dead on reliable platform by now.

I almost pulled the trigger on the same Duke, but can't afford both.
Lucky you :)

Rider7

tigerbike

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2017, 08:37:29 PM »

rider 7

you are talking about early-adopters, but the first electric cars were buildt in the beginning of 20th century or a short time before.
Early adopters do not have both technologies ( electric and gas ) as I do. I just see, what technology works where best. For a long road trip across the alps, I will use the FJR, not the Zero. And I have a Diesel-car too, for working, if I have to travekl a few 100kms to the customer.

Nanoflowcell is not availlable until now. There I could imagine to be an eally-adopter (  http://www.nanoflowcell.com/ ).

hubert

• '14 Zero S, nuke charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2017, 12:49:54 AM »

Grüssgott tigerbike, not from the kangaroo country! I hope you do your best (with the DSR) to use the diesel car as seldom as possible. I also own a diesel car and use it maybe 4 times a year  a thousand km at a time. Otherwise this smoking car is occasionally used by other people through a rental contract. Since the Zero is not really a family vehicle, a small electric 4-seater i-MiEV is really top-notch for everyday commuting and shopping. Not much more expensive than a Zero. Cheers
2014 Zero S
Velomobile "Quest"
Mitsubishi i-MiEV

tigerbike

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2017, 04:18:18 AM »

Grüssgott tigerbike, not from the kangaroo country! I hope you do your best (with the DSR) to use the diesel car as seldom as possible. I also own a diesel car and use it maybe 4 times a year  a thousand km at a time. Otherwise this smoking car is occasionally used by other people through a rental contract. Since the Zero is not really a family vehicle, a small electric 4-seater i-MiEV is really top-notch for everyday commuting and shopping. Not much more expensive than a Zero. Cheers
Grüssgott hubert, my diesel car is a necessety for my job ( medical technitian, mainly for diagnostic ultrasound ) its a shame, but i have days with 1000 km, not weeks. So the Diesel makes 30-35.000 km a year. There is no electric technology availlable to fit my needs, including pulling a 1 ton car trailer for a few 100 kms. The DSR is for everything in range of appx 60km without need of transportation big things. 

TheGap

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2017, 07:06:25 PM »

About five years ago after getting stuck in traffic for well over two hours the umpteenth time I decided to act upon my burning jealousy towards all those two-wheeled lane splitters happily driving past me. Fast forwarding to 2017 I’m still lane splitting through traffic jams while laughing like Agent Smith from The Matrix ( )
... it was time to combine this with my lifelong passion: electricity and electronics.

So, for several weeks now, I am the pride owner of a brand new Zero SR 2017.
Since the (virtually exclusive) use of the bike will be the daily commute, I added a few options to my purchase for extra comfort and safety, most important of them being:
Touring windscreen
Crash bars
Front fog lights
Top case
Additional breaking lights mounted on the top case
And some minor options.

And because I want to be able to learn more about my bike, I joined this community.

… Hi everyone  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33